Author Topic: Monday Roll call for February 27, 2017  (Read 469 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll call for February 27, 2017
« on: February 27, 2017 at 10:24 AM »
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom."
                                                                         --Viktor Frankl

So, ladies, what do you wish you could respond to differently? Your partner? This pregnancy? Your children? Your thoughts?

How are you responding now, and what would it look like or what would you say or think to respond differently? How will it free you?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll call for February 27, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM »
I wish I could respond to all of the chores differently. I went a little overboard with nesting yesterday and ended up with cramping and spotting and a really sore back, but it all resolved when I laid down and put my feet up.

I'm 2 days away from my first goal, to reach 24 weeks so the baby is viable. I have a fun 3D scan scheduled for Saturday so we can finally find out if this baby is a boy or a girl, so we're all pretty excited about that.

I hope everyone is doing well this week, that our pregnant mommas are still pregnant and that our NICU mommas and babies are doing well too!! <3

Cranberry48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017 at 05:03 PM »
Well my mr. Malachi is 2 weeks old 35 weeks plus 2 adjusted. He's doing really well he's trying to learn to take all his feedings by mouth or by breast it's been a real challenge being in the NICU and just want my baby home. The nurses are not all that nice sometimes and my wishes do not get recognized and I'm just really tired of being a NICU mom. It's really hard leaving my baby in the hands of someone else. It's really hard when I'm working on breast feeding him and then they and the nurses just want to NG tube feed him or bottle him. Sorry today is a bad day my emotions get the best of me sometimes and I'm just tired of people taking care of my baby but I just want I'm home.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017 at 11:06 AM »
oh man, @Cranberry48, I'm sorry you're having a rough time in the NICU. I hope you are allowed to latch him soon and that you get to take him home soon <3 it must be really hard being separated from him!

And I spoke too soon about things being stable. I'm currently in hospital with contractions, they were 6mins apart last night but with IV fluids and meds they've calmed way down and are irregular now. My fFN test was negative as well which is reassuring but given my history and my short/funneling cervix they're not messing around. 24w1d now, so really worried about this baby coming early, trying to take comfort in the fact that I spent the last 10 weeks of my last pregnancy at 3-4cm dilated, 80% effaced, with bulging membranes before my son came healthy and screaming at full term....just trying to put my faith in my doctors again that they will get this stopped and let this baby cook as long as he/she needs to.