Author Topic: When the husband gets sick  (Read 296 times)

gabbyshell

• View Profile
When the husband gets sick
« on: March 03, 2017 at 10:54 AM »
I have little sympathy for the "man cold" as it is, but when I'm on modified bed rest and my husband spends 2 days laying around and acting put upon when I ask for something -- I'm going crazy. He was diagnosed with an ear infection and I know that head congestion is the pits, so I try to keep my requests to a minimum. But he starts comparing his situation to mine -- like maybe he even has it worse -- I want to scream. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins. I'm on my 3rd week of best rest due to laser surgery I had to have for the twins' TTTS. Did I mention I also had back surgery at 13 weeks pregnant? Meanwhile I'm working from home since I'm an accountant and it's tax season. I've been managing to put in an 8 hour work day most days. Yesterday I loaded the dishwasher while he was laying down because the sink was starting to stink. I feel like the only person in my life who doesn't seem to notice how much I'm going crazy or how much I'm dealing with is my husband. Usually, that's not the case. But this role reversal, him taking care of me all the time, is not working so well. And I'm hoping to keep these babies in for 3 more months. This gets easier, right?

JessiBehzad

• View Profile
Re: When the husband gets sick
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017 at 01:35 AM »
I wish I could answer that it does get easier, but I am not much farther into bed rest than you.  But I certainly get how you feel!  We are having a rough time adjusting to this as well.  My husband is used to having everything done for him (by me!) around the house...cooking, cleaning, errands and anything regarding our older children.  Now that he has to do some of it on the weekends he is all upset and pouty.  He is also acting like he has it so much harder, and seems resentful that I am sitting in a chair or laying on the couch all day.  I am 24+5 weeks with twins, so have quite a way to go as well.  I hope your husband gets over his man cold soon, and that you will be able to settle into a good routine that works for you both!