Author Topic: irritable uterus, contractions, dynamic cervix, no meds prescribed  (Read 247 times)

yulianna88

• View Profile
Hi! I am new to the forum, FTM. I am currently 22 weeks 5 days pregnant with twins after IVF and need advise.
Since about week 20 I've been having cramping, abdominal pains and pressure and frequent contractions, mentioned it to my OB a few times but she said it is totally normal. The contractions progressed and I went to ER several times, where they just registered contractions on the monitor checked that my cervix was closed and discharged me. I am also seeing perinatologist, they are measuring my cervix and it seems to fluctuate it was 4cm before contractions started, then went to 2.8 cm within a week, then went back to 3.8 cm, then got to 2.4 cm and last time was 3.5 cm. They say they won't do anything about it as long as it is not less then 2 cm. My OB does not want to listen anything about pains and contractions at all she just keeps telling that it is totally normal during pregnancy and does not want to see me more often then once in a month. She did not prescribe any bed rest either.

But I am freaking out, this babies are very expected and I just want to do anything to possibly prevent any bad outcomes.
And still the contractions seem intense and frequent, especially at night, it keeps to wake me up several times at night.
All internet recourses recommend going to ER each time you have more then 5 contractions in an hour and lower back pain or cramping or pressure, I would end up going every night in that case.

What do you think am I just overreacting or I should consider seeking another opinion about medications to stop contractions?

Sri

• View Profile
Re: irritable uterus, contractions, dynamic cervix, no meds prescribed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017 at 02:13 PM »
Yulianna88 hope you are doing better now. What does your perinatologist recommend? Did you get a fFN test, just to be sure?

yulianna88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017 at 02:06 AM »
Thank you! yes, they did the ffn test in ER to be sure and perinatologist did not give any special recommendations just mentioned that everything is normal, cervix can be dynamic and uterus can be irritable because of growth and there is nothing they could do.

Sri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM »
I wish I could guide you medically or from experience. I certainly hope you are doing better now and are able to rest your body as much as possible. Also please try to relax your mind and visualize full-term delivery of healthy twins.

Best wishes! Please keep us posted.