Author Topic: Constant Cramping after Cerclage? Anyone?  (Read 319 times)

Nickiedd

• View Profile
Constant Cramping after Cerclage? Anyone?
« on: March 17, 2017 at 05:18 PM »
I had a preventative one placed at 13.5wks due to preterm delivery of my son at 29 weeks in 2012.  I was diagnosed with incompetent dynamic cervix. Unfortunately i seem to have had nothing but cramping ever since.  Im 18 weeks on monday and its better but if im up and about for the day im cramping in the lower back especially for the next day or two.  Im wondering if anyone has experienced lots of cramping aftet thier cerclage for the remainder of thier pregnancy?  Its a dull lower back cramping. Sometimes in the front but mostly back. Im pretty disappointed that my body reacted this way to the cerclage, id heard i shouldve been fine and good to go after a few days?
Dear Son #1
9 Angel babies
Dear Son #2 arrived early at 29 weeks doing great Dec 2012
Sneaker Suprise #3 (Girl!) Due Aug 22nd 2017
Cerclage placed at 13.5 Weeks

hopeful mama

• View Profile
Re: Constant Cramping after Cerclage? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017 at 07:47 PM »
Have you talked to your doctor? Everyone is different. I had my cerclage placed at 12 weeks. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I had very painful cramps the day of the surgery. I had a bit of discomfort in the following days and that was it. I would consult with your doctor just for a peace of mind.

Nickiedd

• View Profile
Re: Constant Cramping after Cerclage? Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017 at 07:34 PM »
Well had my ultrasound at 24.5 weeks now and length has shortened from 3.3 at my 20 week scan to 2.5 boo :(

I'm now on bed rest which I was hoping to avoid or put off for sometime yet.  I had been resting lots and doing reduced activity but I guess not enough and now full bed rest.  I was praying to avoid another Preemie, previous at 29 weeks, and was shooting for 33 weeks but now I'd be happy just to make it to 29 again.  Feeling so discouraged and disappointed today  :(
Dear Son #1
9 Angel babies
Dear Son #2 arrived early at 29 weeks doing great Dec 2012
Sneaker Suprise #3 (Girl!) Due Aug 22nd 2017
Cerclage placed at 13.5 Weeks