Author Topic: when did you go into labor?  (Read 323 times)

littlelili89

• View Profile
when did you go into labor?
« on: March 24, 2017 at 09:50 AM »
I am looking for similar stories: at 23 weeks I was having consistent Braxton hicks  and they were quit painful. They checked my cervix it was still measuring at 2.9 cm. so shorter than they would like but nothing wrong. I was told to take it easy. So I did. At 27+6 weeks I had had contractions all night and nothing would help, then I lost some fluid. I was able to catch some in a container.  So I took this to my midwife.  It tested positive for amniotic fluid. So I was rushed to the hospital. There my cervix measured 8 mm and with pressure only 2.3 mm. I also had funneling but luckily was not dilated. They started me on steroids for my babies’ lungs and something to stop the contractions. They seemed to slow down but kept coming back. After 2 days labor had stopped. After a week in the hospital and not losing any more fluid they assumed I had small tear and it healed its self. I was discharged to go home on bedrest. If anything changes I need to call. I am 31+2 weeks and feel lucky to be, however the waiting is driving me insane. I did not get any other medication to prevent. I live in the Netherlands and here the stop it and if you’re stable you go home until it starts again. But I live an hour away from the hospital so I need to be vigilant when it comes to my symptoms. I drive myself crazy. This is my second pregnancy so I know how labor feels like. But this is just so different. Will my water break? Is my brown discharge going to turn red? Are these real contractions? They are close.... just a few things that keep me busy. Can someone tell me I am not alone or am i just a crazy hypochondriac? If you could share you stories that would be great.