Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! Dinner on the Terrace  (Read 391 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! Dinner on the Terrace
« on: March 27, 2017 at 12:54 AM »
Welcome to another Monday Roll Call!

I know it can be tough to stay motivated, so I thought it might be good to share the things that brighten your day most. For me, the highlights of bed rest were negative FFN tests, seeing my babies on ultrasound, and having my husband paint my toenails. One night he set up a "romantic" dinner on a card table next to our bed. We called it "dinner on the terrace." What keeps you going?

And as always, let us know how many weeks along you are and if you have any appointments to look forward to this week. If you had any appointments last week or any trips to L&D last week, let us know how those went.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Dinner on the Terrace
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM »
Snuggling in bed with my kids and bingewatching their favorite shows on Netflix gets me through the day, Harrison (now 3) loves to hug and kiss my belly and talk to Ben and Tova (now 8) loves to feel Ben kicking (although she still wishes she was getting a baby sister instead of another brother, haha).

This past week has gone pear-shaped!! I'm now on crutches for the remainder of the pregnancy due to severe SPD, I'm in pain constantly and it sucks! I also developed a sinus infection this week (never had one of those before) and a UTI which kicked off the contractions again so had to make a visit to L&D to get those under control....all in all a total crap week. Hoping for a better week this week!!!

wylee

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Dinner on the Terrace
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017 at 02:27 AM »
Hello!

I'm on Day 76 of bedrest, and I'm at 31 weeks! I'm so happy to have made it this far.  A lot of my anxiety has diminished compared to 11 weeks ago, and in 1 week the doctor is allowing me to go to modified bedrest!!

I look forward to my weekly appointments so I can see my little girl on ultrasound. I just had my 38th birthday, and the doctor allowed me to go out on my boat as long as my feet stayed elevated. My husband put a fishing pole in my hand,  and I actually caught fish lying down.  My husband has been pushing me down our driveway in my wheelchair for short walks which has really upped my spirits!!

My hardship has been dealing with the medical bills that are still rolling in from when I had to be airlifted to the hospital for my emergency cerclage surgery at 20 weeks. The financial part of this whole ordeal has been a nightmare, but we're just trying to focus on the positives!!

I hope and pray that everyone is doing well. I still have a ways to go, but happy I've still got my baby cookin!