Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Cerclage, progesterone, and bed rest  (Read 470 times)

hopeful mama

• View Profile
Cerclage, progesterone, and bed rest
« on: April 01, 2017 at 11:20 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm almost 14 weeks with my second pregnancy. I had a cerclage put in at 12 weeks due to IC, which caused me to lose my first baby at 20 weeks.

The doctor has prescribed progesterone and strict bed rest. Makena shots will begin week 16. I'm so nervous about everything. Every pinch and small pain freaks me out. Bed rest is very hard, but I'm willing to do anything to save this baby.

How are you dealing with bed rest? Any of you who have made it pretty far with cerclage, progesterone, and bed rest?

wylee

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage, progesterone, and bed rest
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017 at 06:48 PM »
Hello Hopeful Mama,

I nearly lost my baby at 20 weeks after bulging membranes. I had an emergency cerclage the following morning and have been on bedrest ever since. Now, 84 days later I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and I'm going to modified bedrest. I've been on the Makena progesterone shots ever since once a week, and they still have me on antibiotics 3× per day. I also have had to take blood thinner injections my whole pregnancy,  but my doctor said yesterday my stitches are holding great. My stitches come out at 37 weeks.

I wanted to share my story because at the beginning I never thought I'd make it this far. I worried so much until I got past 26 weeks. I still am nervous just not as much as I was. I really feel I've benefited from the bedrest.

Just take it one day at a time!!