Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for April 3, 2017  (Read 489 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for April 3, 2017
« on: April 03, 2017 at 03:44 PM »
Hello, you wonderful mamas! I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's updates! Any April Fool's Day babies?

Does anyone want to post any belly pix on our Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin Thought that might be fun!

Keep 'em cookin'!
Angela

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for April 3, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017 at 03:40 AM »
Hi, I'm 24 weeks today. 2 weeks of bedrest so far. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of the journey. I'm feeling hopeful today that the time will pass more quickly now. From reading previous posts, some mamas have said that the first 2 weeks are the most difficult.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and sharing your progress  :)

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017 at 08:13 PM »
I'm 29 weeks tomorrow, holding steady. Nothing has changed this week, still stuck on crutches when I do get up, having a lot more menstrual type cramping and a relentless headache, it has been constant for the past week. Not severe, but just always there (my BP is fine so no pre-e worries)...and this morning I was trying to enjoy a rare cup of coffee when Ben hit the reject button and it all came back up! LOL I couldn't crutch to the bathroom quickly enough and so I ended up covered as well as the floor and wall...my DH is a champ, he cleaned it up for me while I got in the shower!

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017 at 06:38 PM »
Wow Andipants! Thank God for husbands, right!

I've had heartburn and acid reflux so bad from having to eat lying down. I've thrown up a couple times from it.  My favorite food before pregnancy was pizza, but it's not while I'm pregnant because of the heartburn it gives me.

I've been on bedrest for 84 days, and I'm going to modified bedrest tomorrow!! I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow. I'm so happy I've made it this far! The doctor told me yesterday that our baby girl looks great. My emergency cerclage stitches are holding well and my cervix looks tightly shut.

Shout out to everyone on bedrest.  We can do it!!

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017 at 08:34 AM »
@Wylee

I'm not sure what I'd do without him, to be honest! He has really stepped up to pick up all the slack! As for the acid reflux, can you ask your doctor for a prescription? I ended up in and out of hospital for the entire first and second trimester due to recurrent stomach ulcers from a combination of the reflux and an autoimmune condition that I have. I finally got put on a med that is working for me, it's called rabeprazole, and I haven't had a bit of reflux or an ulcer flare up since I started on it! :D

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017 at 11:30 PM »
Thanks andi-pants! I will check into that.

I do feel it's getting a little better now that I'm on modified bedrest. They're letting me sit straight up while I eat which I can already feel the difference. 

My husband is amazing too!!  He has been so caring, helpful and supportive. We've been through so much trying to get pregnant. We've been trying for 10 years, and finally went through in vitro fertilization using a donor egg last year.  We ended up miscarrying our first try, and then tried again and this one stuck. At 20 weeks when we almost lost her to this IC, we've decided over the weeks of my bedrest that we're just going to be thankful for this one. I don't think I can ever go through all of this again even though we have 5 more viable embryos frozen.  I admire those women who can endure the bedrest multiple times. We're just financially and emotionally spent, but still very happy that our baby was saved.  I'm just hoping she stays in until at least 37 weeks!!

I really hope your cramping and headaches have not persisted!

Hang in there!