Author Topic: Monday Roll Call: Lookin' Good, Mama!  (Read 228 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call: Lookin' Good, Mama!
« on: April 10, 2017 at 12:20 PM »
Hello, ladies!

How do you look? I know it may seem silly to get dressed or put on makeup to sit around the house, but you might find that it boosts your spirits! It was really tough to style my hair with no mirror, but I still found it relaxing to brush and blow dry my hair. And when I had visitors, a quick stroke of lipstick seemed to help me feel like myself again. And don't underestimate the power of a body lotion in your favorite scent.  :)

What are YOUR beauty tips for bedrest? Do you feel like your appearance can have an effect on your mood? Feel free to offer your thoughts, or just let us know what's new and how many weeks along you are.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

There is no live chat tomorrow. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call: Lookin' Good, Mama!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017 at 02:29 PM »
I look terrible! AHAHAHA I have pregnancy acne in full swing and I am way overdue for a brow wax and a hair cut! What I have found that makes me feel better is getting showered and dressed in real clothes instead of pajamas! Every day I try to get a shower and get dressed and not hang around in my PJs all day feeling like a bum! Make-up makes me feel worse, though,  because it increases the pregnancy acne so I skip that.

I'm doing well medically this week as well! No change, so that's good! I'm 30 weeks on Wednesday! By this time last pregnancy I was 3-4cm dilated, 80-90% effaced, had bulging membranes, and was in hospital on bed rest! Whenever I get down I just think about that! This time I'm effaced, but only 1cm dilated (which isn't out of the realm of "normal" for a 3rd pregnancy), I'm NOT in hospital, I can snuggle my kids every day and sleep next to my husband at night, I'm not 3hrs away from home, I'm still able to work (I run a home daycare) even though I did have to hire some additional help for the things I can't do (like taking the kids outside to play, lifting, etc, so my employee does all that stuff and I supervise crafts, story time, nap time for the littles that still nap, etc, all the stuff that can be done sitting down I still do)....

...so yeah, counting my blessings and getting showered/dressed every day has helped a ton!

wylee

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call: Lookin' Good, Mama!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017 at 09:10 AM »
I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow.  I like putting regular clothes on too. My husband puts a basket at the end of my bed that has my maternity clothes in it, so I don't have to go to the closet much. I have noticed my hair growing longer. I'm not allowed to go back to work even though I'm on modified bedrest. My job is really physical. I am a fish hatchery technician and  my agency does not allow light duty, so it's a little weird not working but I'm making the best of it.