Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! April 24, 2017  (Read 249 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! April 24, 2017
« on: April 24, 2017 at 10:19 AM »
A big welcome to the many new members of the Keep 'Em Cookin' community who have joined us this past week! I'm thrilled you found us! And many thanks to ALL of you for the great support you're providing one another. You are an amazing group of women!

I thought I'd do a fun question this week, to help keep you focused on the end goal: What do you dream of doing with your baby someday? Is there a certain activity? A hobby you'd like to share? A place to go? Tell us!

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat: Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time for a live chat with other bedrest moms: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! April 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017 at 01:43 PM »
Today, I thought about taking my twin boys to the beach and enjoying some warm weather. I love the beach and often think about it when I try to meditate. Im looking forward to holding these two in my arms.

I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and have been on hospital bedrest for 5 weeks so far.

Positive vibes to all the other mommas keepin em cookin!

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017 at 02:48 PM »
My husband and I have a boat, and I've imagined the three of us on the boat so many times!!  We fish a lot, and do water sports and swimming, so I've dreamt of doing all these things with her!!

I am 34 + 5 weeks today, and it's all so very real that in a few short weeks she'll be here! As long as she decides to keep cookin!! I passed 100 days of bedrest a few days ago.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017 at 09:06 AM »
I'd love to take Ben to Disney someday, we took Harrison and Tova in 2015 and it was the best trip ever! I'd love to go back!!

And I've had a pretty crap week. Last weekend I noticed a sharp decrease in movements, finally called on Tuesday and was brought in for a NST. Ben failed the NST so we went on to a biophysical profile, which confirmed early signs of growth restriction and distress. Nothing that would need him to be delivered immediately, but enough that I'm going back for twice/week biophysical profiles from now until we have to deliver. It really stumped the doctors until this weekend because the placenta was fine, cord flow was fine, his heart/kidneys are fine, amniotic fluid fine, but his growth has dropped a ton of percentiles in both length and weight and his activity isn't where it should be.

Then, and I'm so sorry this is TMI, I noticed worms coming out of my bottom this weekend, checked both of my kids and they had them crawling out at night too. Immediately called the doctor, we all have pinworms (highly contagious intestinal worm that is only carried/spread by humans, most commonly school aged kids between 5 and 10 years old, but if the child has it, the whole family gets it because of how contagious it is). So we all got treated immediately and my doctor said that explains Ben's distress. I'm already anemic and had been on iron supplements since the beginning, but the worms exacerbated the anemia and took nutrients from my system that should have been going towards Ben, so now he's suffering as a result. And then, since I own/operate a daycare and my doctors were confident that one of the daycare kids must have introduced it and because it's so contagious all my daycare kids and their families need treatment, I sent a notice out informing them of a confirmed case of pinworms in the daycare and how everyone needs a doctors note confirming completed treatment and a 3 day clear stool sample before returning. So I lost this week's income from that, and THEN one of my daycare moms with kids in my after-school program messages me on facebook to apologize because her boys had it LAST MONTH but she didn't tell anyone even though she acknowledged that her doctor told her to. She was too embarrassed and didn't want to have to take time off work to get them treated (it's one dose of dewormer, then after a week you get a stool sample tested, then 3 days later another sample, if both samples are clear you can come back, and then they get a second dose of dewormer 14 days after the first) so she sent them anyway without telling  me. This had me just beyond furious because the treatment for my family is costing me about $400 (treatment for 6 people, two doses each, plus a loss of over $600 for having to shut my daycare until everyone's second stool samples come back and I can start accepting kids who have doctor's clearance again. Not to mention the fact that if I didn't notice the decrease in movement or call my doctor about it Ben could have been stillborn and he still might have to come out way early as a result of the stress from the worm infestation. I am just absolutely beside myself and I fired them as clients, first time I have ever done that, but you can't just decide to take risks for someone else like that. I get that it is a pain to take off work, I do understand, but she put every child in my daycare, and my unborn child at risk, not to mention that between the cost of the prescription medication and having to shut my doors for over a week it's costing me over $1000.

So yeah, completely awful week right now. Hoping things start to improve soon and I'm hoping Ben's growth and activity will pick back up again now that I've got the worms out of my system. I'm needing iron infusions now because of how severe the anemia has gotten and I'm on nutritional shakes in addition to my regular diet and prenatal vitamins to help replenish my reserves so Ben can get what he needs again, just holding my breath that it works.

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017 at 05:32 AM »
Oh andi-pants,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. How frustrating that is. Some people can be so selfish sometimes. It was good that you figured out why Ben's growth was restricted.  I have hope you all will recover from this. Can you remind us how far along you are?

Wylee

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017 at 08:50 AM »
I'm 32 weeks today.