Author Topic: Mucus Plug  (Read 145 times)

Gkhan

• View Profile
Mucus Plug
« on: April 25, 2017 at 09:52 AM »
I have cervical scans every two weeks. The measurements have always been good. Last week I still had some length but the consultant said my cervix looked slightly open so started me on the progesterone pessary. Since I started using that I have been losing pieces of my mucus plug every day. Sometimes it is tiny but twice it has been quite a large amount. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it because of the progesterone? Or maybe just my cervix changing and preparing for labour? My first son was born at 24+3 and I am now 25+1. I have another appointment tomorrow to check my cervix so will ask my consultant then but just want to know if it has happened to anyone else.

aciric

• View Profile
Re: Mucus Plug
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017 at 05:23 PM »
I have been in the same situation as you. I am new to this forum and have been having cervical checks every 2 weeks as well since 19 weeks. I am currently 23 weeks.  I am curious to know what they told you at the follow up because I have had the same thing happen to me. I was told that the progesterone is very irritable to the vaginal wall and even to the cervix, so it could make you have those little "tissue looking" spots that come out. I hope you are still going strong with your pregnancy and would love to hear from you for some positive encouragement too!