Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 1, 2017  (Read 592 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 1, 2017
« on: May 01, 2017 at 10:03 AM »
How many of you thought you were going to have an April baby? You've made it to May! Whoohoo!

What's new? What are you looking forward to this week? Let's REALLY push to get on the Live Chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific time time. It's so fun when we can get at least three moms on:  http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Keep 'em cookin'!
Angela

P.S. Whenever you are going to shop on Amazon, please first click on the advertisement at the top of this page to get to Amazon. Then shop! When you do, Amazon donates 6% of the purchase price to the Keep 'Em Cookin' forum. Thank you

Please help KeepEmCookin stay online through my Go Fund Me campaign:  https://gofund.me/dtqh9x2c?pc=tw_cr_n

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 1, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017 at 02:37 PM »
Been on hospital bedrest for 6 weeks today, and will be 28 weeks along tomorrow! Hoping to make it to 30 weeks or more.  :D

I'm looking forward to seeing my 4 year old daughter, and my visitors bringing me outside food this week! Getting tired of the hospital food... My coworker came to visit me and brought me the most decadent assortment of gourmet Swiss chocolate, so I'm definitely looking forward to eating that this week  :D

Sending positive energy to all the other ladies keepin' em cookin'!

Monkeygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017 at 05:31 PM »
Hi there!
I'm 23 and 6 today and have been on bed rest for 5 weeks, and the past week on hospital bedrest. I agree Suzi, outside food is the bomb! Hospital food gets old quickly, although I am eating cheesecake twice a day. ???? I'm looking forward to hitting the 24 week mark tomorrow.

As my doctors rotate in and out, I find their positivity/optimism for my case varies. I'm trying to not take the more pessimistic views to heart, but it's hard when I'm laying here and it's al I can think about. I'm also finding it an adjustment to ask the nursing staff to help me with personal things-(shave, bed bath, adjust pillows, you name it), so I tend to wait for my husband and get cranky when he doesn't come sooner rather than later! All an adjustment. My motto for the day is "everyday I spend here is one fewer my baby does".

Suzi-you're doing awesome! You are such a source of hope for me. Best wishes to all!

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017 at 06:20 PM »
I'm doing better this week, Ben's activity has improved since taking the combantrin so the lack of parasite infection, the added calories, and the extra iron seem to be doing some good. Been on modified bedrest since 24 weeks, and I'm 33 weeks on Wednesday so almost 9 weeks of bedrest so far. Having lots of painful contractions this week but just as I prepare to head to L&D they settle down. I have appointments tomorrow (prenatal appointment and biophysical profile) and again on Friday (biophysical profile), hoping to see some improvement with Ben's growth this week so we can *hopefully* get an intentional early delivery off the table this week or next.

Glad to hear that everyone else is still pregnant and doing well <3 I'm looking forward to my ultrasounds this week, they are nerve wracking because I never know beforehand if this is the BPP that will mean we have to deliver immediately, but I always enjoy seeing Ben so that's the silver lining I'm focusing on.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017 at 01:57 PM »
Update from my prenatal appointment and BPP today:

Ben is holding stable but I've lost weight (4lbs) in the past two weeks so they're having me up my calories even more, I have no idea how I'm going to fit anymore into me than I already do!!! And my cervix is low, anterior, thin, soft, and 2cm dilated (33 weeks tomorrow), doc said she'd be happy to see me get to 34 weeks, so we'll see what happens, had a steroid shot today and I'll have another one tomorrow (can do that at the hospital here, she already called the order in so at least I don't have to miss another day of work for it), just in case Ben decides to come early. She'll check my cervix again on Friday when I have my next BPP and as long as I'm not 3cm dilated I'll get to go home and just wait to see what happens! If I do progress to 3cm they'll admit me, not sure for how long, she's just worried with my history of precipitous delivery that things could get moving quickly and we don't want even a full term baby born on the side of the road, let alone a late preterm one!

She said once I hit 34 weeks then they won't try to delay delivery anymore if he wants to come early and I won't necessarily need to be transferred to Halifax to deliver and Ben won't need to be transferred unless he starts to struggle so holding my breath until next Wednesday and really starting to freak out that he might be here in the next week or so :O I'm not ready yet!!!!! I don't even have the bassinet set up or anything!!!!!!

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017 at 02:43 PM »
I'm 36 weeks today!!!! I can't believe I've made it this far. I'm at 113 days of bedrest, but kudos to all of you Mom's doing hospital bedrest. I've done all my bedrest at home since my emergency cerclage at 20 weeks. It's still been tough, but I've had a lot of support from my family.  Almost too much because my husband and I have had visitors staying with us in our house nearly the entire time, but I'm very thankful.  Their generosity with their time and help has kept are baby girl cookin!!

My stitches will be removed on May 22nd in labor and delivery, then they'll keep me in the hospital for monitoring and if I don't dilate, I will be induced. We will have a baby at least by May 23rd!  Her last measurement a week and a half ago was 6 lbs 6 oz.  I do feel like she is dropping lower, so I'm praying that my body doesn't try to go into labor before my stitches are removed.

I just want you girls to know how much I'm rooting for you, and I was once where you are, so keep the faith!

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017 at 02:37 AM »
Wylee!! Congrats! 36 weeks- So good to get an update from you  :D

113 days of bedrest is amazing! A huge success! I'm hoping to get at least to 32, and your journey on bedrest is such an inspiration.

Big hugs!