Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 8, 2017  (Read 191 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 8, 2017
« on: May 08, 2017 at 09:50 AM »
Hello, ladies!
It has been very exciting to see so many new members join the Forum over the past week! You all are doing the most important job in the world and you deserve all the support you can get! We also had a FANTASTIC turnout last Tuesday for the Live Chat. Let's do it again!

All members, please get us up to date! How many weeks are you? Any doctor's appointments planned this week?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join the Live Chats at 2 pm Eastern on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017 at 01:12 PM »
Hi All,

I'm going to be 29 weeks tomorrow! This is my 7th week in the hospital on bedrest.

This week I will have an ultrasound - good because I get to see my boys  :D I'm just hoping that my cervix has stayed stable. It is getting harder and harder to get out of bed. Definitely have lost my muscles and my belly has gotten larger.

Looking forward to the live chat tomorrow! Let's keep em cookin'!

Guzman_87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017 at 02:50 PM »
Hi I'm new here .. today  marks a week on hospital bed rest for me.  I'm 27.1 was admitted at 26.1 . So I got to my first mini goal.  My next is what seems like so far away at 28. I don't know how you guys last so long. The thing that has been killing me the most is the constant iv changes. Are you going through that as well?

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017 at 09:39 AM »
Well, it was an uneventful week up until yesterday. I was doing laundry and fluid started gushing out, so much that I needed to put a towel between my legs to stop it running down my legs and onto the floor. So, I went to L&D where they put me on the monitors and did the swabs, the first swab from my pad came back positive for fluid, the second swab from my cervix and the fFN came back negative. I was contracting regularly the whole time. Anyway, the ultrasound showed a slight reduction in fluid from my last BPP, but overall they're not 100% certain it was amniotic fluid and if it was they're confident that it is a high leak which can sometimes seal back up on it's own, so they're hoping that's what happened where the swab on my pad (which I put on right after the leaking started) was positive but the swab from my cervix was negative. I'm 34 weeks on Wednesday, which is the cut off for when I'd have to get transferred to the bigger hospital, if I can make it to Wednesday I can deliver closer to home and not have to be separated from  my husband and kids, which is a goal that everyone wants. 

I talked it over with my doctor and we're both comfortable that I go home and take my temp several times/day, if I get a fever, if I have a sudden gush, or if the contractions get worse then I have to go back in. The goal for everyone is to get me to Wednesday when I won't need a transfer no matter what happens. I have to go back today to retest the fluid and do another NST (they did my BPP today since I needed one anyway so my next BPP will be on Thursday) and I'm officially on 100% pelvic rest in case it is a high leak, so no sex, no baths, and no cervix checks aside from the sterile speculum exams to get the swabs.

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017 at 01:30 PM »
I'm 25 weeks and 4 days today. I've been on bedrest at home for 3 weeks and 4 days. I'm allowed 6 hours a week to move around, go out and be social/work. Maternal Fetal Medicine appointment on Thursday morning to measure cervix length. Doing a progesterone supplement everyday to see if it helps me stay more stable or regain length. I'm trying to stay positive and make plans for every day but I'm struggling with feeling so isolated during the day.

Other than that - I'm great this week!  ;D

Winteriscoming

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017 at 04:04 AM »
Hi ladies,

I'm 25+1 today. Was admitted to hospital at 23+1 when they tried to put in a cerclage for shortening cervix at 1.4 but when they got in there it was too thin at the back so didn't get one. Had a scan yesterday and had dropped to 9mm so being kept in and he goal is to get me to 28 weeks. So thankful for every day that passes!

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017 at 08:35 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I'm 37 weeks +2 today, and feeling so blessed to make it this far. I'm still on bedrest. I've made it 121 days on bedrest. I was switched from strict to modified bedrest at 86 days.

I'm less than 2 weeks away of going into labor and delivery to get my cerclage stitches removed, and then an induction if she doesn't want to come on her own. I've had weekly appointments since my emergency cerclage was placed at 20 weeks. This week's appointment showed my little girl weighing in at 7 lbs, 5 oz.!

Winteriscoming & DanaS - I'm glad to hear you've made it past the viability week. Hang in there and stay positive! I feel my bedrest, weekly progesterone shots, no sex and my doctor kept me on antibiotics until 36 weeks all helped me keep this baby cookin. I also feel that the type of cerclage surgery I had has helped even though it was an emergency. My cerclage is called a Wurm cerclage also called a Hefner cerclage that is used for women who have very little cervix left to stitch. I've never heard anyone else's stories with this cerclage,  so maybe it's not common.

Andi-pants- How are you doing? Did you make it past Wednesday? You're in my thoughts and prayers. I remember that cutoff date of 34 weeks too because my hospital wasn't capable of taking care of me or really a newborn baby born before 34 weeks, and I would have had to be moved 1 more hour further from my house. I'm already over an hour from my current hospital, so I'm hoping you made it!!

Guzman_87- I'm sorry to hear about all your IV changes, but happy you're almost to 28 weeks. Yay for you!!

SuzieQMom- It's great to hear your update! I'm so happy for you and that you've made it this far. I'm hoping it keeps going well, and glad those twins are staying put so far. I remember when I was on strict bedrest and I would get up for a shower every 3 days.  My heart rate would increase like I'd been power walking or something. My first 2 weeks of modified bedrest were the same when I was up more, but it has gotten a little better. Keep up the good work.

Angela- just wanted to say, thank you. You offer so much support to us, and I often click on your links you provide. THANK you for caring!!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017 at 02:15 AM by wylee »

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017 at 08:47 AM »
Hi Ladies,

This is my first week. I am hospitalized since May 10. Baby girl is 23w+5d today.

I have made through the 48 hours for the steroids to work. Now the next milestone will be to reach 25 weeks.

I have finally got used to the bed pan. How have you ladies dealt with constipation during bedrest?

I am glad to hear great news from all of you.