Author Topic: 2 weeks on Magnesium. 2cm dilated. Water bulging @ 33 weeks  (Read 326 times)

Beachbum

• View Profile
Hi, 
Looking for some words of encouragement.  Today marks day 14 on hospital bed rest with Magnesium drip.  I was on home bed rest the month prior. Contracting off and on but not consistent enough to head to labor and delivery.  Positive Ffn two weeks ago.  I'm 2 cm and bag of water is buldging. My cervix was 0.5 before dilation. Now loosing mucus plug.  Currently 33+5 weeks.  I'm missing my two kiddos who are at home.  My parents are watching them as I'm also going through a divorce.  I feel like I'm starting to loose my mind.  Positive stories and words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Guzman_87

• View Profile
Re: 2 weeks on Magnesium. 2cm dilated. Water bulging @ 33 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that. Seems like you have a full plate right now. Do they let you eat? When I'm on Mag they don't. Not even water ????. I'm going through something a like similar. I'm 3.50 cm dilated at 28 weeks. I wish I was 33 weeks. When you really want something time drags.  But I have really been focusing on the positives. I'm so happy this baby has stuck for another two weeks . I think of everyday as a blessing. I just imagine her hooked up to everything and my heart breaks. So I kinda suck it up. I rather sacrifice a little. Because in the long run this will be a distant memory. Our babies will be home and we'll know what we are capable of ????.you're almost at the homestretch.

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: 2 weeks on Magnesium. 2cm dilated. Water bulging @ 33 weeks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017 at 12:30 PM »
You are definitely in the home stretch. I also would love to be at 34 weeks! The doctors here really relax at 34 weeks and you have made it! Hang in there! Many women go several weeks more being dilated so stay positive and know that this will be just a snapshot in time.

Sending you positive thoughts!