Author Topic: 23+4 Bed Rest Short CL 1.2cm Cerclage, Progesterone. So worried :(  (Read 95 times)

CoffeeNSand

• View Profile
Hello, I had a cerclage put in at 18 weeks due to short CL and I've been on bed rest ever since. I started progesterone shots at 16 weeks. My CL has been stable at 1.2cm since the circlage. I went to the dr today and she said my cerclage is holding from the outside, but my membranes are bulging from the inside. I feel so scared. I'm almost 24 weeks and I just want everything to be okay. I don't want to lose this little girl. What more can I do? I want to be hopeful and stay positive, but honestly I'm scared  :'(

Candice1313

• View Profile
Hi CoffeeNSand

I am in a similar situation.  I am finding bed rest challenging esp. when I have no idea how this will go. I had an emergency cerclage  done at 20 weeks because my membranes were completely funneled through the cervix.  I am now on week 21 but need to get to week 24 for my baby girl to be viable. Some of the stories on this site have given me hope.  Also, breaking the time down into manageable pieces has helped.  Right now I am only focused on getting to my next checkup appt to see how the stitch is holding.

Stay strong! You are not alone.

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Hi CoffeeNSand,

I know you are worried and it is natural, but try to stay calm and take it day by day. I know- easier said than done. Many women on this forum have gone several more weeks when down to the stitch, so please stay hopeful. In fact, the neonatologist at the hospital I'm in had told me that women can go a very long time with bulging membranes.

Stay positive! You are doing a great job on bedrest!

CoffeeNSand

• View Profile
Candice 1313,
Thank you for replying. I guess it's the unknown that scares me. I worry more when I have to get up to go the doctors for checkups. When I registered on this website I read a page about stress and how it can make the situation worse so I try really hard to distract myself...I hate when the fear creeps in. I hope everything goes well for you.

DanaS

• View Profile
Hi!

I struggle with fear as well. What worked for me was focusing on a week at a time and reading books about caring for babies in the NICU. A great one is "Understanding the NICU" by Zaichin, Weiner, and Loren. There are so many helpful success stories in there from so many different challenges. And it helped me to think - if my daughter is born now, then she will have this happen.

You're so close to viability - stay strong!

DanaS

• View Profile
Ooh - I forgot to ask - are you on bedrest? At home/hospital?

CoffeeNSand

• View Profile
Dana S,
Hi! Thank you, I will definitely look into that book. Yes, I am on bed rest at home. I think being so close to viability is what stresses me the most, it's so close and I just want to get there. What about you? Are you on bed rest too?

CoffeeNSand

• View Profile
Suzie Q Mom,
Thank you! Honestly your words give me comfort. I know that worrying will get me nowhere and I hate to stress and cry, but sometimes it's all I can do. So hearing that someone in the hospital you're in told you some moms can get pretty far even with bulging membranes makes me feel a little better. I feel like my doctors (who are great by the way) don't offer me hope because they know it can go either way. They just stick to the facts and sometimes that's just hard to hear.

DanaS

• View Profile
Hi CoffeNSand,

I'm on bedrest too! I may be repeating myself - can't see the previous post ... I had an emergency cerclage placed at 21 weeks. Counting down the days until Week 24 seemed like an eternity - with the help of others and some well timed distractions, I made it.

I'm currently on Week 26 + 5 - my OB & MFM peeps want me to make it to Week 28. Then we regroup.

I have an OB appointment tomorrow to check in on things... I'm not loving the "clumping" that comes with the progesterone suppository I'm on. Trying to stay neutral, keep my mind busy, and communicate with people going through the same thing as me.

I've been surprised to find so many success stories - so it gives me hope and inspiration to stay patient and take care of myself and baby!