Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 22, 2017  (Read 500 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 22, 2017
« on: May 22, 2017 at 10:41 AM »
Hello, ladies!
So tell us what's new! Does anyone have any new books or movies to recommend to help pass the time? Also, does anyone want to propose a topic for our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific? Or, we can keep it open to discuss anything.

Keep those babies cookin'!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Like Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017 at 10:47 AM by Angela »

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 22, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017 at 11:19 AM »
Hi All,

I'm finally back home after 8.5 weeks of hospital bed rest! I will be 31 weeks tomorrow! It has been tough transitioning to bed rest at home. All the same rules apply- I can only get up to use the restroom. I find that it's a longer walk to the bathroom at home and I miss the adjustable bed in the hospital. I also have to ask my husband and mother in law to bring me stuff all the time. I'm not used to asking for so much help. I now realize that at the hospital they really think of everything you need before you ask for it. I rarely used my call button. The nurses and midwives were very good. But, it is so great to be home. I'm trying to stay on the sofa during the day and go to the bedroom only at night. The doctors said that I don't have to give myself heparin shots at night even though I had them every night in the hospital. I'm a bit worried about that. What did you ladies do for your circulation at home? I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed they don't tell me that I have to go back to the hospital.

I've been watching Outlander on Netflix lately. I also watch Billions and Homeland. My friend told me to check out The Mentalist, so I've been watching that today.

Positive vibes to all you other mamas on bedrest! Looking forward to live chat tomorrow!

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017 at 02:04 PM »
Hi

I am still on bedrest. At 19 weeks I had hourglass membranes and was able to get an emergency cerclage put in at week 20. I am on week 22 now and hopefully have a long way to go.  So I ordered a stamped cross stitch of a cherry blossom tree on amazon. The picture of the tree is huge.  It will take me a very long time to complete so I have been listening to an audio book and doing that.  I think I got burnt out from Netflix these past 3 weeks lol.  I needed to break things up.  I am at home but can only get up for the restroom and occasional shower.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Kate369

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017 at 06:04 PM »
Hello

I am 27 weeks, been on bedrest at home 11 weeks now. Had a cerclage at 16 weeks when cervix was down to 2cm. Now I am down to the stitch, also they told during an ultrasound today I have low amniotic fluid, so I am suppose to drink as much as possible. I also cross stitch and watch Netflix. Only get up to use the bathroom and shower twice a week. Glad to make it this far and hope to keep cookin!!!

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017 at 07:57 PM »
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't checked in sooner. I've been busy with some projects for work. I'm in my 27th week and so far I'm still stable. I have my MFM appointment tomorrow. If everything goes well, I will be cleared to return to work on Tuesday.

Trying to stay positive that I'll reach my 28 week goal this Saturday!  ;D

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017 at 05:52 AM »
Hi all,

I am on hospital bedrest for 2 weeks now (25 weeks). My cervix stayed at 1cm length and I have been stable.

Now I am allowed to get up twice a week to shower.