Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 29, 2017  (Read 344 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 29, 2017
« on: May 29, 2017 at 10:11 AM »
With the long weekend here in the U.S., I hope you're spending some extra time with family and friends. Did anyone have any OB appointments last week? How about this week?

Looking forward to hearing from you! And ... seeing you all in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Keep those babies cookin'!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Like Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 29, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM »
Hi All,

Today makes 10 weeks of bed rest for me and tomorrow I will hit the 32 week milestone! Spent a nice long weekend with my family. I'm looking forward to my husband grilling hamburgers tonight.

I have my weekly appointment at the hospital on Wednesday and have my fingers crossed that the doctors will let me continue bed rest at home. Even though I am closer to the home stretch, I feel much more restless. Bed rest is an arduous and difficult journey.

Best Wishes to all the other mamas on bed rest! Let's keep em cookin!

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017 at 05:33 PM »
Hi,

I have been on bedrest for 3.5 weeks now. Still hanging in there! I see my doctor every two weeks. I had my two week follow up appointment after my emergency cerclage. Everything looks as good as it can for having membranes that funneled through the cervix. I still have quite a bit of cervix left.

Have a good week everyone!

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017 at 08:05 PM »
It's great to hear you had a great weekend SuzieQMom - I hope things continue looking up for you!

For my part - I've been released from strict bedrest to a modified schedule that will allow me to go to work. That said - I can't leave my immediate work space but I'm glad that I'll have more changes of scenery.

I think I'm also very anxious about going back to work. I will work for two weeks, then I have a week off (back to bedrest), and then (if everything goes as planned) I'll be living/working in another city for 3 weeks. Then back home to bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. It seems weird that 6 weeks of being stable means that suddenly I can return to limited activity. Whatever happens, I'm taking it as easy as possible until the baby is born.

Oh - I almost forgot. I'm 28 weeks and 3 days today. New goal - 30 weeks!

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017 at 12:27 AM »
Congratulations to SuzieQMom and DanaS for reaching one important milestone. I already planned to celebrate when I reach 28 and 32 weeks.

I am on strict hospital bedrest for 3 weeks now. With 9mm cervix left and funnelling, Dr would not do a cerclage for the fear of breaking my water accidentally. My conditions are stable enough, so I am now allowed to go to the bathroom once a day to do my business. I am quite happy that I can finally take showers.

Winteriscoming

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017 at 04:10 AM »
Morning ladies,

SuzieQmom - 10 weeks wow! That's incredible - congrats.

I'm on week 5 hospital bedrest 27+5 today. Was admitted 23+1 my consultant tried to put in a cerclage but my cervix was too thin at the back when he was in there. Had pprom 16 days ago, hoping to keep on trucking and reach for 30 weeks.

Have a good week ladies!! Keep em cookin

Kate369

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM »
So glad to see everyone still cooking!!! This week makes 12 weeks for me on bedrest at home. I'm currently 28+2 weeks, so thankful to make it this far. Hoping to get past 30, have a doc appointment in the morning. Hoping cerclage is still holding and fluid levels are higher, I had low amniotic fluid last week. It's been nice to have some family around this weekend, even though I haven't been able to be outta bed. Hope everyone has a good week!!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017 at 02:47 PM »
We are 10 minutes away from the Live Chat.  ;D

2pm Eastern/1 pm Central. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Guzman_87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017 at 10:28 AM »
Haven't been on in a while so I'll update. I was admitted to the hospital at 26 weeks. With contractions at me being dilated to 3 cm already. So I was put on hospital bedrest for two weeks. I came home for another two weeks and am still here I'm 30.5 weeks now. And hope to make it to at least 32. The doctor yesterday said I could drive and shouldn't be on bedrest. Which to me is odd.

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017 at 01:35 AM »
Hi Guzman 87,

Glad to hear that you are still cookin'! It must be a bit nerve-racking to suddenly be off of bed rest. Did they tell you why? Yesterday, at my doctor's appointment they told me that I could switch to modified bed rest. No chores, basically house arrest. She said I needed to be in better shape, strength and circulation- wise, for when I deliver and bring my twins home. That being said, I was at the hospital and this was a doctor I had not seen before. I'd like to make it to 34, so I'm going to be really careful. This doctor said I could start by walking back to our car in the hospital parking garage, which was like two blocks away! After being on bed rest for 10 weeks, there is no way I could have made it in 30C and 90% humidity! My husband took me in the wheelchair anyway (he thought it was a terrible idea) and the junior doctor commented that maybe it's best to start more activity by just walking a bit more in our apartment.

We never know if we are getting good advice and just have to do what we are comfortable with. Take it easy, but enjoy a little extra freedom!

Guzman_87

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017 at 01:53 AM »
It's a different doctor. Maybe each has there own views. Not sure I'm definitely not going to do everything she said I could because I don't feel comfortable with it. But maybe I over did it today. I drank coffee which I never do and now I don't know if I'm feeling contractions or bhs.. I'm going to push water and see what happens .. ugh this uncertainty stinks. Im still too early. I want to make it to 32 minimum ???????? I'm 30/5