Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 5, 2017  (Read 455 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 5, 2017
« on: June 05, 2017 at 09:52 AM »
Hi, ladies! How's the weather near you? Try to find a chance to spend some time outside. For example, while eating a meal (when you'd be sitting up anyway) or reclining on a lounge chair. Any other suggestions on how to make that happen?

I hope you all can join us tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern time for the Live Chat. It's always fun, but even more so when we have several moms on. In the meantime...

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017 at 01:07 PM »
Great weather here! It's been hot, but cooled off today. I will try to enjoy some sun this week. Maybe it's finally warm enough to enjoy some meals outside.

As of today, I've been on bed rest for 11 weeks. My back is aching and my neck is so stiff, but it's worth it! I will be 33 weeks tomorrow! Closer to my next goal of 34! I'm feeling like the end is finally in sight and getting very excited to meet my boys. So thankful to have kept them cookin' this long.

Talk to you other mamas on bed rest tomorrow on live chat!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017 at 01:32 AM by SuzieQMom »

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017 at 11:42 PM »
It's been cold and rainy here in New England.  It's been great sleeping weather though.  I am getting adjusted to bedrest.  In the beginning, I didn't let myself nap but now I do.  I feel better if I nap when I need to. 

I am on week 24 now.  I never thought I would make it this far.  At week 19, I had my water bag slip out.  The doctors at the time said I would deliver within 3 days.  I have an emergency cerclage in now (had to find a doctor who would push the membranes back in). I am so grateful to have made it to viability. I am still very anxious at times but I think that's just normal.

suzieQMom-congrats on 33 weeks!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017 at 02:03 PM »
Hi, Suzie! Looking forward to talking to you today on the Live Chat.

Hi, Candice! What an amazing story! 5 extra weeks and still cookin'. You will be an inspiration to other moms, for sure. I hope to see you on the chat today, too.

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017 at 02:10 PM »
The weather is nice but I am stuck in my hospital room. I am now 27weeks, I said goodbye to the bedpans last Saturday. If all goes well, I will go home next week.
Home bedrest will be more pleasurable.

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017 at 06:37 PM »
Congrats to SuzieQMom and Candice1313!

Sally41 - I hope you are able to return home for bedrest. Wishing you the outcome that you want next week!

For my part, I'm in the 29th week hoping for week 30. Being on modified bed rest has been strange. I get sore/stiff at work from sitting during the day - bathroom breaks are my only walking. Never thought I'd say this, but I now relish lying down and not moving when I get home from work!

The weather is so weird here - lots of changes. I'm glad it's not too hot yet.