Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 12, 2017  (Read 372 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 12, 2017
« on: June 12, 2017 at 11:16 AM »
It's a new week! Anyone else have kids winding down the school year? Mine are done this week!

What are you looking forward to over the next few days? And if you don't have something special planned yet for this week, what will it be?

I've noticed that our turnout for the Tuesday live chats has been picking up. So happy to see that! Is there something about the chats that we could do differently? Would you like to receive a reminder e-mail? Just let me know...

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 12, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM »
My daughter is finishing up her first year of kindergarten! Will be great to have her home more. This week I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with my husband. The doctors said I could have an outing to the restaurant by our home :-)

Today makes 12 weeks of bedrest. I will finally be 34 weeks tomorrow! So happy to have made it this far. Actually, this morning we thought "this is it" and ended up going to labor and delivery because of spotting and fluid but, they sent me home. They tested and I was negative for amniotic fluid and the US showed that although my cervix is thin, .7cm., it is closed. The twins looked fine by CTG. Again, I was surprised that they didn't keep me for observation, but happy to go home.

Positive vibes to all the other mamas out there on bed rest!

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM »
So happy for you SuzieQMom!!

I just had to report. We made it!!!!!

My little girl, Vivien was born May 24th when I was 38 + 6 weeks along. She weighed in at 8 lbs and 10 oz. My husband and I are on cloud 9 still. She is our miracle! I know this is not everyone's story, but I hope i can provide some hope to those struggling to get through the days. Bedrest was my saving grace, and I was on it for 133 days after an emergency Wurm cerclage at 20 weeks with bulging membranes and dilated to 2 cm. My prayers and thoughts go out to all of you in the thick of it. Don't give up hope!!!

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017 at 04:19 PM »
Congrats SuzieQ Mom and Wylee!

It's so helpful to hear positive success stories. Brings me hope as I sit here and my blessed little demon moves around my belly like an alien.  ;D

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017 at 04:36 PM »
Hello Everyone! Congrats for making it to another week of bed rest.

Wylee- Congrats on your little girl! Your story gave me hope when I first joined this forum because it is very similar to mine.

I hope to make it outside later this week when the temperatures come down from the 90's. I haven't been outside in weeks so I am looking forward to that. My husband is also coming home earlier today and that will be nice.

enjoy the week!

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017 at 09:58 PM »
Congratulations Wyler.

My moral is a bit low now. My weekly ultrasound showed my cervix shortened from 13mm to 6mm. So I cannot go home as Dr had originally planned before this ultrasound. Now I might stay in hospital until I deliver or if cervix got to double digit length for at least 2 weeks.

My son started a fever. So it's the first time Mommy won't be available when he's sick.

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017 at 11:47 PM »
 Hello mamas!

Although I'm not currently on bedrest, I was for my first pregnancy and this website was my saving grace through that tenuous time. I'm now onto my second pregnancy and I'm 25 weeks along. So far, knock on wood, no complications!   But my heart goes out to each of you as you take each day at a time. The days drive on but the weeks fly! Stay busy, stay positive, and ask for lots of help.   Don't forget about Netflix, digital books from the library and whatever else you need to stay sane!

Think positive thoughts about holding that sweet baby and celebrating all those days of hard work!

Winteriscoming

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017 at 04:03 AM »
Hi mammas,

I'm 29+6 currently day 49 of hospital bedrest. Last CM was 9mm at 24 weeks then had PPROM, thankfully no further issues since then and baby was been growing, over 3.5lbs now, should be 4 on Monday according to our growth charts.

Doctor mentioned going home last night but I don't feel comfortable about that until at least 32 weeks.

Have a great week warriormammas!!!