Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for June 19,2017  (Read 746 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for June 19,2017
« on: June 19, 2017 at 08:31 AM »
June 21st marks the start of summer! It's exciting to see time passing, but I know it can be a tough time as friends and family are having cookouts and weddings while you're stuck at home. This is a time when it is especially important to invite people over so that you don't feel quite so left out. Does anyone have suggestions on things you can do when visitors come over?

I'm looking forward to your updates! It was great to hear from so many of you last week! Hope to see you all on the Live Chat tomorrow.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for June 19,2017
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017 at 01:19 PM »
This weather has definitely made me feel more left out. While I'm happy that time is passing and I'm still cookin', it is difficult to stay on bed rest. It's the end of the school year for my daughter in kindergarten and I missed the year end show and BBQ. I'm lucky enough to be on modified bedrest and am hoping that it will be ok to go to my daughter's fifth birthday party in the park. I plan to just sit back, eat and take pictures. It will not be any more active than my weekly doctor's appointment. I will run it by the doctors and see what they say this week.

I have two visitors coming over this week and I usually just chat with them over cookies. Hopefully, I will get some good ideas from the other moms on bed rest.

Today makes 13 weeks of bed rest! I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe I'm still cookin'! I'm so thankful and hope that I can hold onto these twins for a little bit longer. I'm so heavy and uncomfortable at this stage that I'm not sure how much I could do off of bed rest anyway.... Just trying to keep my spirits up and endure a little bit longer.

Have a great week mamas!

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017 at 05:54 PM »
Hello

I find it easier to be on bed rest when it's raining out lol.  It's getting hot out here.  It's hard for me to imagine that I will be on bed rest for an entire summer (hopdefully!). I went on strict bed rest on 5/3 and hopefully I'll make it to the first week of September when I will be 36 weeks.  I'm on week 26 now.  The calendar gets very overwhelming so I am only looking to making it to the next day.  If I stay in the day, I tend not to get so overwhelmed by all this.

I have a 15 month who is luckily in day care and loves it.  It's fun to spend time with him in the evenings and on the weekends.  My husband and I have been playing old video games. We have family visit often and some friends stop by.  I just feel more comfortable with family visits though.  I don't like the state of my house and the fact I have to lay down the whole time (even to eat). It just feels strange...like I can't be a good host.  I know they don't care but for some reason I still do!

I hope everyone has a great week! Hugs
Candice

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017 at 01:48 AM »
Hi Ladies! Just an update...

Well, I'm in labor and delivery! Made it to 35+1. My water broke yesterday. I was lying in bed and reached over to grab my crochet hook and felt a gush. These boys are ready to make their appearance. The doctors told me I'm released from bed rest- that I can now go for a long walk if I like! Lol! I walked to the hospital cafeteria, which was closed :)

Keep us in your thoughts! Thanks for all the support over the months! You all have helped me through a tough time. Praying my boys will come out screaming and healthy.

Keep em cookin'! Big hugs!

Winteriscoming

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017 at 06:34 AM »
Good luck Suzie!!

Well down on getting so far, you did amazing.
You and your boys will be in my thought

N

K@T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017 at 01:16 PM »

Well, I'm in labor and delivery! Made it to 35+1. My water broke yesterday. I was lying in bed and reached over to grab my crochet hook and felt a gush. These boys are ready to make their appearance. The doctors told me I'm released from bed rest- that I can now go for a long walk if I like! Lol! I walked to the hospital cafeteria, which was closed :)

Keep us in your thoughts! Thanks for all the support over the months! You all have helped me through a tough time. Praying my boys will come out screaming and healthy.

Good luck, you made that far! At this point twins no have to go to NICU. Prayers for y'all!

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017 at 05:42 PM »
Suzie - good luck with everything! You will be in my prayers. Great job at getting to 35 weeks with bed rest. Hugs.

Kate369

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017 at 06:09 PM »
Suzie, good luck!!! You and your boys will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! Making it to 35 is so awesome!!!

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017 at 10:50 AM »
When you have a chance, don't forget to give us updates! I hope you and the boys are doing alright! :D

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017 at 12:20 PM »
Good luck SuzieQMom.

I am still on hospital bedrest at 29 weeks. My cervix length improved from 5mm to 10mm this week.
My Dr is on vacation. If my cervix length stayed at least 10mm while she's away, I might be able to return home when she returns.

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017 at 12:53 PM »
Well now it's my turn to go to Labor and Delivery. I'm 31+6 today. If we can't stop these contractions I may be bringing a little one home sooner rather than later! Apparently I'm back on hospital bed rest until tomorrow. At least I'm in a good mood!  8)

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017 at 10:14 AM »
Hi Dana, Just saw your post! I hope you are hanging in there! But, it is great that you will make it to exactly 32 weeks if you do go into labor. All the bed rest and the steroid shots will pay off. We tend to forget that while on bed rest, our babies have the lion's share of all the healthy nutrients we eat since we are not as active. Wishing you the best! You are in my thoughts.

They are sending me and the twins home tomorrow. Looks like no NICU time. The boys are doing well! They came out screaming! I'm sure it was because of the steroids we got early on and the bed rest.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive vibes!!! We are so thankful!

DanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017 at 12:59 PM »
Congrats SuzieQMom - the brave holder of twins! I'm so glad you and the twins (boys?!?) will be able to go home safe and sound! So awesome! What an incredible birth story you have!

General update for me - I DID go into labor and ended up having my Lady Lyra Saturday morning at 8:23 am via cesarean. She's in the NICU and probably will be for a while. We've passed some major milestones, so I'm really happy about that. Just trying to rest and get milk going.

I hope everyone else is still cooking their little ones!!

SuzieQMom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017 at 04:27 AM »
Congrats Dana! I hope Lyra and you are both doing well! I also had a cesarean section and having a tough recovery. May you recover quickly!

So great that you passed all these milestones. It is tough to have your girl in the NICU, but I remember the beginning of your journey and you have come so far!

Lots of hugs! Please keep us updated. ??????

Winteriscoming

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM »
Congrats Dana & Suzie!!

I can join the club 2 as I also had my wee boy on Saturday night at 20.56 via emergency section!!

LO doing great on CPAP but on the lowest setting and looks like he will be off that soon. So relieved to have him here safely. Getting home tomorrow, then  onto the NICU I hope they are short and uneventful for all.

Nikki