Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 3, 2017  (Read 301 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 3, 2017
« on: July 03, 2017 at 10:18 AM »
When something is important enough, you do it even when the odds are not in your favor.

--Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and Tesla Motors

So you may not be developing spacecraft or electric cars like Elon Musk. What you're doing is far more important, because you're the only person who can do it for your baby (or babies)! So get ready to tackle another week!

Let us know how many weeks you are, if you have any OB appointments this week, and what you are looking forward to. If you had any appointments last week (or trips to L&D) let us know about that too.

Keep 'em cookin' mamas!!!

Angela

*There's no chat tomorrow due to the Independence Day holiday in the U.S.

Sally41

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 3, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017 at 05:24 PM »
Thank you Angela for the cheering message.
I am 31 weeks today and 8 weeks on hospital bedrest. I have been stable and still hoping to be sent home when I reach 32 weeks.

Kate369

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017 at 05:26 PM »
Just giving everyone an update, I delivered my sweet baby girl this morning at 2am. She made it another week after my water broke. She was 33 weeks and 1 day. Weighing 4lbs 9oz, she seems to be doing good, on cpap room air for now. Thank you to everyone for keeping me sane while on bedrest for 17 weeks!!! Hope all the other mommas who delivered last week are doing well!!!

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017 at 12:03 AM »
I am on week 28 now.  My cerclage is still holding and it's been an uneventful bedrest life! Yay.  I keep coming up with new things to do while on bedrest lol.  I've been on bedrest at home for 9 weeks and hopefully have a ways to go!

Congrats to everyone who has had their babies these past couple of weeks!

Biscuitsmom2b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017 at 11:38 AM »
Hi just joining in. I'm 21 weeks 2 days and been on bed rest since 18 weeks. This week will be a hard on since it is when I started labour 2 years ago with our Angel who can in sleeping at 23 weeks and 1 day. My cerclage seems to be doing some hard work and i am trying to stay busy so I do not worry too much. Wishing everyone a great week ahead :)

BabyB#2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017 at 09:26 PM »
Thank you for that Angela!!! Love the quote.

I am new here.  26w 4d, was on bed rest at home since 18 weeks due to a shortening cervix, had a cerclage put in and started progesterone shots.  I have now been on hospital bedrest for 2 weeks with my cervix measuring 1cm. Has not been an easy road but I know the outcome will be worth it.

I feel my body getting weaker by the day.  Feels like I have no calf muscles left.  Any suggestions on exercises that can be done from my bed?

@biscuitsmom2b - I have heard a lot of positive outcomes from the cerclages so stay positive.  My doc said that is probably what is keeping me closed!

@candice1313 - I am working on a pom pom rug to put in front of the baby's crib.  It's super easy and keeps you occupied.  https://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleymcgetrick/this-fluffy-pom-pom-rug-is-cozy-af?utm_term=.bwbmRaYMZ#.ckxVdRbZ9

@kate369 - congrats on your little princes! hope she is doing well. 

@sally41 - what are you on hospital bedrest for?  any pointers?  I'm 2 weeks in and no sign of leaving any time soon.