Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: When was your cerclage removed?  (Read 264 times)

Mlondono731

• View Profile
When was your cerclage removed?
« on: August 03, 2017 at 11:26 AM »
My cerclage is scheduled to be removed tomorrow at 36 weeks. Everything I read online says that it's normally removed at 37 weeks. I went to a different obgyn with my son and the cerclage was also removed at 36 weeks. The doctor wanted to induce me and I declined. My son stayed in for an additional two weeks but I had complications at the delivery (I hemorrhaged) and he was in the NICU 2 weeks.

This pregnancy has been more difficult with additional complications (subchorionic hematoma). I feel like if my stitches are removed the baby will be delivered at 36 weeks. I haven't had the best relationship with my current obgyn so I debating just calling to reschedule my appointment tomorrow for next week without getting into a debate over it with my doctor.

For mommies that made it this far, can you tell me when your cerclage was removed?

TIA
Best Regards,

M.L.

Candice1313

• View Profile
Re: When was your cerclage removed?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017 at 05:10 PM »
Hello

My cerclage is scheduled to be removed at 36 weeks. I see two doctors my normal Obgyn and a high risk MFM doctor. They both said it needs to come out on week 36. They also told me that it is not common to go into labor the day it is removed. My high risk doctor has had only one patient go into labor the same day of removal.  I also want it out on week36 because I don't want to go into labor with that in place.

This is my first pregnancy with an emergency cerclage in place. I stopped reading up on it online months ago. There is just too much conflicting info on google. If anything, "Dr Google" just made me more panicked and less calm.  I hope this helps! Congrats on getting to week 36.

Mlondono731

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017 at 07:28 AM »
Thank you for the reply. I didn't cancel the appt. after I read your post. If you can believe it I started contractions at 6:30pm on Thursday and started bleeding at 5am in the morning. I delivered at 1pm and experienced post delivery hemorrhaging. I was rushed to the OR and received 4 transfusions. I went through this with my son too but I think that since we prepared the doctor it was handled more smoothly this time around. I was in ICU and moved midday yesterday. I'm doing well considering everything, so I will be going home today.

My daughter was having trouble eating and breathing so she's in the NICU. Yesterday they were able to remove the feeding and breathing tubes. Her white blood cell count was high so they have her on antibiotics. Her culture came back negative and if her spinal tap comes back negative they will stop the antibiotics immediately. We just need her to eat more on her own. She seems to be recovering well and I hope we get to take her home soon.

Wishing you the best with your baby ????
Best Regards,

M.L.

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017 at 08:25 PM »
Congrats on your delivery! At least your doctors were prepared. I did not hemorage with my first so I don't know that experience. I was told babies do well in the NICU after 32 weeks. I know making it past 32 weeks was a huge milestone for me. I hope your baby is doing well! Sending you prayers!