Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 10, 2017  (Read 328 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 10, 2017
« on: July 10, 2017 at 09:07 AM »

Music! Take some time today for music.

Think of a song that has always inspired you, like "Roar," or "I Will Survive," or a favorite workout song. Next, pick a song that will take you to another time and place in your life when you were carefree, young and idealistic. Finally, pick a song that means something special to you and your partner, perhaps a song from your wedding or a song from when you first started dating. Don't underestimate the power that music can have on your mood!  ;D

As always, let us know how many weeks along you are and how the past week has been. And, tell us a song that inspires you. Here are a few to get you started:

"Ain't no Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera
"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson
"Roar" by Katy Perry
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams
Can't Stop the Feelin': by Justin Timberlake

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/symptoms-of-preterm-labor/
Click this link when you shop on Amazon and they will give 6% of the purchase price to support KeepEmCookin: http://amzn.to/29t4IQ8

Miss khita

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 10, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017 at 01:12 PM »
Hi I'm new here. Joined just today.
Glad to have discovered a group as this.
Lost my 5month old pregnancy last yr to CI.
Thankfully I got a great gynae who is journeying with me on this new journey.

I'm currently 20wks with my 2nd cerclage and on strict bedrest in the hospital.  It gets
So boring most times. I'm glad to be here and to learn how to make every day count whilst keeping it cooking

BabyB#2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017 at 04:13 PM »

Hi!! Wrote this for last weeks check in.  I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, was on bed rest at home since 18 weeks due to a shortening cervix, had a cerclage put in and started progesterone shots.  I have now been on hospital bedrest for over 2 weeks with my cervix measuring 1cm. Has not been an easy road but I know the outcome will be worth it.

I feel my body getting weaker by the day.  Feels like I have no calf muscles left.  Any suggestions on exercises that can be done from my bed?

When I got my cerclage the anesthesiologist asked what I wanted to listen to and I requested Marc Anthony.  The song that came on was "Vivir mi Vida" (live my life).  It was so inspiring at that moment. I have made it mine and my baby girl's official song.  It's all about enjoying your life and living it to the fullest.

A couple of days ago, my husband dedicated a song to me. I needed to hear this song right now.  Although my husband is holding down the fort while I am in the hospital.  I can't help but feel like I'm in this on my own.  But this song reminded me that we are both making sacrifices right now for our family. Song is Beyonce's "Die With You".

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017 at 03:54 PM »
Hello!

Welcome to everyone new!

I actually don't have a song but what a great idea! Maybe I will organize my music library next as a project.  I am almost done with going through all my digital photos.

I am now at week 29 and have been on bed rest for 10 weeks.  I pick a weekly project to do now and read, cross stitch, Netflix and reach out to others as small time fillers.

I am also feeling very out of shape. i notice that I get a bit winded when I take my 5-10 minute occasional shower.  I wonder how long it will take my body to recover from all this..

I hope everyone has a great week! Hugs

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017 at 05:44 PM »
I made to 32 weeks and now start the 10th week of hospital bedrest.
I spent last week on strict bedrest (feet up head down) and was using bed pans because the baby was foot breech with both feet in the birth canal and kicking my 3mm cervix.
Luckily today's ultrasound showed her turning head down, so I am quite happy to get back my bathroom privilege.

BabyB#2: Can you request a physiotherapist visit? A physiotherapist showed me some bed excercises to strengthen my leg muscles and relieve neck and shoulders stress.

BabyB#2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017 at 01:16 PM »
@Candice1313 - I've been getting winded too.  I wasn't sure if it was the pregnancy or the bedrest.  Guess it could be a combo of both.  I've been on bedrest for almost 3 months now, at home and hospital.  What are you on bedrest for?  I'll be here until I deliver.

@sally41 - My cervix is that short too.  How long has it been that way?  2 wks ago I was 1cm.  Physical Therapy came to see me in the beginning but they were scared to give me exercises.  They gave me a couple for my neck and one for my legs.

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017 at 07:25 PM »
@BabyB#2 - My cervix was 1cm when I got hospitalized at 23 weeks with funelling. Dr was too scared to do a cerclage. Now I am 33 weeks. For the past 10 weeks my cervix was between 3mm and 16mm, it has been less than 10mm for 4 weeks now. My physiotherapist gave me 3 leg exercise, 5 neck exercise and 1 hip exercise.

BabyB#2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017 at 04:25 PM »
@sally41 - similar to my situation.  I was 1.3cm when they sent me to the hospital at 24 wks.  I'm now 28 weeks at 7mm with some funneling.  Basically my cerclage is keeping me closed.  Praying it holds for a couple more months. Started having some mild cramping today.  Have you experienced that at all? 
A different Physiotherapist came yesterday and she was more helpful.  Gave me a few in bed exercises to do.

Sally41

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017 at 03:44 PM »
@BabyB#2 I am glad you found more helpful excercises. Yes, I have felt some occasional cramps and contractions, I think these are just Braxton Hicks. I did feel regular contractions when I was 30 weeks, these were less than 5 minute apart and lasting about 1 minute but not strong. Since I was already in the hospital, I got treated quickly with IV fluid, and the conditions went off after a couple hours. My cervix dilated from 1.5 to 3 after this episode, luckily since then I have been quite stable.