Author Topic: Newbie. 24 weeks. Failed cerclage, now Cooking in hospital.  (Read 103 times)

Sumobaby2519

• View Profile
Good morning. I've survived my first day on SBR in hospital. I came in at 23+6.  It was an extremely anxious-filled first day yesterday. Most greatful of the day- the NICU doc insisted the OB give me the first steroid sh-- immediately instead of waiting until the morning of week 24.  My relief was beyond words. I am also in Trendelenburg position with ZERO privileges.

I lost my 20 week baby girl in September last year due to IC. This pregnancy, cerclage was placed in May at 13 weeks and I placed myself on modified bed rest. No exercise, no stairs, 10 min walk, etc. Even with the cerclage, my cervix progressed from 3.3 cm week 19 to 7 mm week 21. Yesterday at 23+6, cervix was open with some membrane out.

I had a fetal fibronectin test before yesterday's cervix scan - came back negative today! Fetal fibronectin is a “glue-like” protein that holds the developing baby in the womb.

First goal. Cook long enough for steroids to be effective.
Second goal. Cook to week 26 to get above 90% survival.

Thankful that mom and baby are healthy and safe. Just gotta keep him from falling out.

Candice1313

• View Profile
Re: Newbie. 24 weeks. Failed cerclage, now Cooking in hospital.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017 at 01:22 AM »
Hello!

Praying for you! That is great you got the steroid shots and were admitted into the hospital.

My cervix opened at 19 weeks and the membranes were out into the vagina. I ended up getting an emergency cerclage because I was not close to viability. I am on week 30 now and am in bedrest at home.

Hugs!

erankin10

• View Profile
Re: Newbie. 24 weeks. Failed cerclage, now Cooking in hospital.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017 at 04:34 PM »
How is everything going? Do you have any updates since your post last month?