Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Low Amniotic Fluid and Dialated  (Read 1314 times)

nikkiparker

• View Profile
Low Amniotic Fluid and Dialated
« on: December 07, 2018 at 06:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

This is such a blessing to have located such a great support group. I am currently 19 weeks + 3 days. The day after Thanksgiving my water broke and it was just a trickle. After going to the hospital they informed me it was nothing they could do for baby. We stayed over night as they waited for no sound from baby. But my little miracle was still fighting and showing the doctors different.

After all of the negative comments and being told to induce labor. I felt the need to go home and let God intervene. Once home I stayed in bed for two weeks. On Monday I saw a high risk doctor and the baby fluid was low but thankfully he had fluid. I was advised to terminate and we said no.

Each day is hard for me at this point. I mean a little here and there. I hate to see it come at all. The plan is to go to go back to the high risk doctor to be admitted under his care until delivery. I’m not sure if my doctor is capable I’m so confused.

I have never doubted that my son wouldn’t make it. It’s just so discouraging when staff are being so negative. I drink about a gallon of water a day. Just to continue to replenish what is lost. Has anyone else dealt with something similar? I just need some positive thoughts right now. Thank you all

Mamaato

• View Profile
Re: Low Amniotic Fluid and Dialated
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018 at 07:20 PM »
Praying for you

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018 at 08:52 PM »
Thank you. Same to you

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018 at 09:16 AM »
Sorry to hear you are going through this! It must be extremely hard to have the medical staff be so negative. A forum I am a member of had several success stories about pprom where the ladies were able to bedrest at home and deliver months later. My water broke at 34 weeks with my last pregnancy. I found this protocol which may help you now. http://www.aapprom.org/theregimen

LaurenB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018 at 10:18 AM »
I'm with you and will continue to pray for you and your sweet baby :)

HeatherB, what forum is it that you are a member of?

HeatherB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018 at 10:35 AM »
Momys - Mothers of many young siblings. It is a Christian support group for women who have had 4 children in less than 8 years.  Most of the women dont believe in using family planning and have very large families. There are several of the women who have had high risk pregnancies repeatedly.

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018 at 09:39 AM »
Looking into it now

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018 at 04:09 PM »
Hi, Nikki!
I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Post an update when you can!  :)

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018 at 10:34 PM »
Hello Angela,

We are still cooking. I made it to 21 weeks today. I will be admitted in the hospital on 01/03/2019. This is the plan until I deliver my little man. Keeping him in as long as possible.  :)

nikkiparker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019 at 07:30 PM »
Angela,

We are in the hospital and still cooking  :)

Ilovecookies

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM »
Hey! How did everything go? I’ve been following your story for some hope. At 20 weeks I had an emergency cerclage because of funnelling and bulging membranes. Ever since the surgery they have been saying I had low amniotic fluid but somehow my little girl keeps rebuilding it. It’s still very low but she’s hanging in there.
I am 23 weeks today and the hospital has just given me steroid shots. I have been on hospital bedrest since the cerclage.

Just wondering how everything went with your little peanut and wondering how long I can last with low fluid. I’m so scared :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019 at 11:47 PM by Ilovecookies »