Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 28, 2017  (Read 200 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 28, 2017
« on: August 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM »
Today I want to share some wisdom from my late grandma:

Don't meet trouble halfway.
Let it travel the full distance,
because something usually happens to it before it arrives.

Anxiety and worry seem to be such a common part of bedrest. There's just too much time to think about all that might go wrong! Try not to get trapped in that kind of thinking. Instead, feel confident knowing that you are doing all you can to keep your baby (or babies) safe.

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 28, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017 at 02:03 PM »
I love your grandma already, so true and so wise. This is definitely a saying that can be used in life in general to help us through but especially important for those of us facing the unknown during this type of situation.

I'm 35 weeks today, emergent rescue cerclage placed at 21 weeks with less than 1 cm of cervix, dilation, and bulging membranes. Feeling so blessed, already beat the odds, cerclage removal planned for 9/16 at that point I will be 37w5d.

Candice1313

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017 at 06:28 PM »
Great wisdom to share! I know I did my fair share of worrying when I first found out my little girl's water sac had come through my cervix. It was so scary and the doctors were not optimistic at the time. I would up finding a doctor to attempt an emergency cerclage (we went to three different hospitals to find one!). I had the emergency cerclage placed at 20 weeks and made it to 35 weeks and 3 days on bedrest at home. Last Tuesday morning, my water broke while I was sleeping and I delivered a healthy baby girl via c-section. She did not need any NICU time and weighed 6.07 lbs at birth. She is home with us now.

I appreciate all the support I received on this site! It was such a blessing to have you all here! You knew what I was going through and it was so tough at times. I'll keep checking in to see how everyone else is doing. You will remain in my thoughts. You ladies are some of the strongest people I know!

Candice

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017 at 11:21 AM »
Congratulations, Candice! I am so happy to hear your little girl is doing well and joyfully at home! You did it, mama!