Author Topic: 20 weeks, 1 cm cervix, twins  (Read 92 times)

Desperatemom

• View Profile
20 weeks, 1 cm cervix, twins
« on: August 30, 2017 at 01:08 PM »
I went through a fertility treatment and my husband and I were beyond ecstatic when we found out we were expecting twins. However, at 18 weeks we found out my cervix was only 2 cm and today at 20 weeks it went down to 1cm. My doctor, who is highly respected, says that a cercloge will actually do more harm than good. He says it is actually harmful for twins and can be detrimental. I am desperate. I don't want to lose my babies and I am beyond terrified. Any success stories similar to mine, with twins, and just taking progesterone suppositories? Thank you so much for your responses.

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
Re: 20 weeks, 1 cm cervix, twins
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017 at 02:39 PM »
Im so sorry to hear this. I am not carrying twins so don't have a lot of information for you, however I wanted to let you know that this site it wonderful but not very active. I would look on babycenter.com forums and there you can find twin ic forums and they can refer you to very active private Facebook Groups with people who are going through the exact same thing as you.
Did you doctor mentions a pessary, progesterone injections or suppositories, bedrest?
Thoughts and prayers with you.