Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for September 4, 2017  (Read 311 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for September 4, 2017
« on: September 04, 2017 at 01:50 PM »
It's Labor Day in the U.S. today. Mostly I'm a fan of labor days when Mom is at least 37 weeks along.  ;) So it's the last unofficial day of summer here, with the kids starting school tomorrow. Do any of you already have kids? I can't wait for you to have the experience of taking those "First Day of School" pictures! Do it when you'd be getting up for a bathroom break anyway. And I wish the same someday for all of you moms-to-be!

I'm looking forward to your updates! I hope to be more involved with KEC again once we're back into our school year routine. We should be starting the Live Chat again beginning next Tuesday. I will let you all know!

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017 at 08:39 AM by Angela »

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for September 1, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017 at 02:07 PM »
Hi Angela. Happy Labor Day hope you enjoy this time with your family. We have a 12 yo 11 yo 2 yo and I am currently 36 weeks today!!!

I had an emergent rescue cerclage placed at 21 weeks, with bulging membranes, dilation, and less than 1cm of cervix with funneling. I can't believe I made it this far as even my doctors didn't think cerclage would hold past 26 weeks. I was on strict bedrest 21-31 weeks then have been having to move around house a little more since then but still don't leave house unless for appointment and lay down most of the day. Plan is to have cerclage removed on 9-16 which would make me 37w5days.

I feel so blessed this forum helped me connect with awesome people going though same struggles and it helped so much.

Baby dust for everyone, keepemcookin!!!!

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017 at 05:04 PM »
Happy Monday everyone!
I work in schools and am excited to have kids return tomorrow. I'm 37w1d today and have a scheduled c-section in one week. This is my second, oddly without complications, but due to my age (and already being 3cm dilated) doctor is doing a c-section. Baby is frank breech too!

Here's to everyone staying pregnant and not laboring on Labor Day!

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017 at 05:13 PM »
Happy Monday everyone!
I work in schools and am excited to have kids return tomorrow. I'm 37w1d today and have a scheduled c-section in one week. This is my second, oddly without complications, but due to my age (and already being 3cm dilated) doctor is doing a c-section. Baby is frank breech too!

Here's to everyone staying pregnant and not laboring on Labor Day!

Congrats jensine to making it to 37 weeks!!!

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017 at 10:43 PM »
Thanks Jessica!  I'm super grateful.  I was terrified that this would be a complicated pregnancy like the last one--so much so that we debated on whether or not to have another.  But each week that passed, I realized it was a normal pregnancy. 

I'm keeping all of you in my prayers!  I've been there, too, and found sanity on this site.  You're right behind me--here's to a healthy, smooth delivery for both of us! 

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017 at 08:38 AM »
I am SO excited for both of you and how far you have come with your pregnancies! Please keep checking in and let us know when you deliver! If you feel comfortable, feel free to post baby pix on our Facebook page! Big hugs to all!

BabyB#2

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for September 4, 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017 at 12:30 PM »
Hi All!

I'm still pregnant too!! Woohooooo!!!

35 weeks today, which is when my son was born and that was a normal pregnancy until he decided to come early.  This has been a super difficult pregnancy yet everyday is a blessing. Scheduled to remove cerclage next week and one more progesterone shot to go. Let's see when the little Diva will make her appearance!

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017 at 09:59 PM »
Congrats BabyB on making it so far!  I'm so excited for you!!!  Each day is such a blessing, huh!?

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017 at 11:10 AM »
Way to go, BabyB#2! So close to the finish line!

A question for all of you ladies: When you are in bed, are you above the covers or below the covers during the day? I ask because I'm working on a children's book about bedrest with another bedrest mama.

Also, which title do you like better:
1) Stuck In Bed: The pregnancy bed rest book for kids … with tips for moms.
2) Stuck In Bed: Helping kids understand pregnancy bed rest  … with tips for moms.
3) Stuck In Bed: The pregnancy bed rest picture book for kids … and moms.

Thank you!

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017 at 04:52 PM »

Babyb your doing awesome we are almost to the finish line.

Hi Angela. When on bedrest I would have family make bed in the morning so I could feel like I had a morning routine, nothing like laying on a nice neat made up bed, and I would lay on top of the covers with a light shall blanket to cover my legs and feet  when needed.

I like title #2 for the book. Congratulations on that!!

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017 at 07:21 PM »
Good afternoon ladies!

I'm going to miss the roll call tomorrow--we have a scheduled C-section at 5:30AM!  Baby Girl #2 is coming a little early...38w1d due to early dilation and low fluids.  But I'm grateful we made it this far!  Wishing you all a healthy, safe and full term pregnancy! :)  This forum saved my sanity during bedrest with #1 and I hope it's helping each of you, too.  Sending prayers for each of you!

JessicaRN2009

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM »
Congratulations Jensine!!!!! I'm so glad she made it to 38 weeks even though she is still deciding to come a little early. Girls just have their own plans in mind on making their appearances. Please post an update once your princess is here. Thoughts and prayers with you

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM »
Jensine449: Whoohoo! I'm hoping that by now you have had a safe and speedy delivery! So happy for you!!!!