Author Topic: Hoping  (Read 198 times)

Biscuitsmom2b

• View Profile
Hoping
« on: September 09, 2017 at 10:26 PM »
Hi everyone
Currently 30 weeks 5 days. On hospital bed rest for almost 5 weeks now. I've gotten into a routine and it's been ok. However, I've been sent to L&D twice in two weeks. I've had a total of about 45 hours of contractions. Thursday was the worst yet as I was crying through the contractions by the 20th hour just praying for some sort of help. Nothing seems to stop them but they make barely no change to my cervix. It's emotionally and physically draining. Then out of nowhere they go away. I'm so scared and confused. Has anyone had contractions that do this? How long was it till the real deal? I go home at 32 weeks and I know this is strange but I am so scared to go home. What if I miss the signs of labour??? My mind is racing. I just wish things were different. Safer.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Hoping #hospitalbedrest
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017 at 02:03 PM »
Hi, Biscuitsmom! Forgive me for missing your post until now. How have the last few days been?

I am so sorry you are going through this constant stress and pain. I can relate somewhat, with 8 hospital visits for contractions with my daughter, and with my son I lost count after something like 12. I was lucky in that they didn't hurt much, but it was enough to kick the anxiety into high gear. If it helps to know, I delivered my daughter at 39 weeks and my son at 39+3... after all that and a short cervix!

I've seen many moms worry about going home. Hospital bedrest is horrible (!!!) but there is some sense of safety being there.

I had that same question about how the heck will I know when it is the real deal. The nurse who I got to know VERY well said to come in any time the contractions are 10 minutes or less apart, or if something seems different. In your case with the pain you've had, that may be tough to recognize. If you have any doubts, call your OB's office. They get calls all the time from mom's wondering if they are in labor. They are there to help.

Positive thoughts coming your way!

Biscuitsmom2b

• View Profile
Re: Hoping
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017 at 08:41 AM »
Wow that is alot of hospital trips!!! And it is reassuring. This week has been steady. Just minor episodes of contractions that ended quickly. On monday they checked me and im sitting steady at 4cm and 50% effaced with the baby sitting pretty high up. This tuesdsy they will reasses and if they want to send me home i will ask for it to be done on Friday since i will have people home with me the first few days that way. I will also ask if i can book my c section so i have a goal date in mind. I know that will give me something to work towards. Right now i feel like im running to a finish line that is in sight but doesnt seem to get closer no matter how far i run. Strange i know. How long did u stay on bed rest? Were u dilating at all before u actually delivered? Thank you for the reply!!! It helped to have someone relate.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Hoping
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017 at 02:00 PM »
Yes, the race where you see the finish line but never get any closer to it! Great way to describe it. I was on bedrest for 6 weeks for my daughter (Baby #1) and then 16 weeks for my son. With my daughter I was dilated 1 or 2 cm from 33 weeks on. I forget exactly how it progressed with my son, but it seems like I held out for about a month at the end at 3 to 4 cm dilated. I couldn't believe I was STILL cookin'.

Happy to hear you are holding steady. "Steady" is really the best word you can expect in this situation. Once you get your c-section date, maybe you could make a visual "count down" to Baby Day. Here are some ideas from Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/pregnancy-countdown/?lp=true

Keep us posted on how you're doing and let us know how it goes when you get home this week!