Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for september 25, 2017.  (Read 168 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for september 25, 2017.
« on: September 25, 2017 at 09:53 AM »
First off, I'm thrilled to share this message from BabyB#2:

After 5 months of bedrest, 6 1/2 weeks of that in the hospital.  I had my cerclage removed on Wednesday the 13th. Baby girl decided to come on our wedding anniversary 9/15.  She was 36+3, No NICU time, thank goodness.

Sending you my biggest congratulations! I get chills every time I hear a success story like this! For anyone else reading this post, don't give up hope.

So ladies, let us know how many weeks along you are. What are you looking forward to this week? I haven't hosted a Live Chat in a while because turnout was low, but I'd like to start it up again. If you think you would generally be available on Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern, let me know. And if you'd like to chat tomorrow at 2, let me know: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

andreak

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for september 25, 2017.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017 at 07:57 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow with baby number 5. Modified bedrest at home because honestly my high risk drs don't know what to do with me. So one day at a time, keep on keeping on! I've got 3 littles that I homeschool from my couch and then the toddler who makes everything exhausting. How can one little girl be more tiring than the 3 older ones combined?! This week is my last with my family dr, high risk takes me from Oct. 1st on. I've always prayed for one low key non eventful pregnancy, but it's not in the cards. Happy to be here and get to know all of you!!

~~~Andrea~~~

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM »
Hi, Andrea. I'm so glad you joined our group! Can you tell us why you've already been placed on bedrest? Any issues so far, like contractions or a short cervix? Or is it because of challenges with past pregnancies? It's sounds like you've had some tough times before.

How long have you been on bedrest? How are your children adjusting so far? I hope you don't mind all the questions. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and I'm sure many other bedrest moms will be keeping an eye on you!  ;)

Angela_Unglued

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017 at 12:13 PM »
Hi I am a little late as I just became aware of issues I'm having about 24hrs ago. I am 24 weeks with a baby girl as of yesterday with my 3rd pregnancy. First resulted in stillbirth of my daughter at 26 weeks and 2nd was a relatively normal pregnancy resulting in my healthy full-term rainbow son, who will be turning 4 in November.
I have a shortened cervix measuring at 1.5cm and some funneling of membrane. My midwife has deferred care to the Dr and I will see her next Thursday after using Progesterone suppositories. I am on modified bedrest now. No work, no intercourse, no exercise, no outings, no bending, lifting, etc. and advised to be off of my feet as much as possible. I am allowed only to leave home for any reason but once a day as living on the 3rd floor makes the stairs an issue. I am also refraining from cooking and cleaning. It is a very different lifestyle I am not used to as I do a lot for my active toddler and my husband with back problems.
Another thing I am doing is trying to stay positive and not stress. I keep telling myself, One day at a time. But I am also very depressed and scared so it is hard to keep pushing that away.
I will try to make it to the chat today at 2. I hope to get to know many ladies who know what I'm going through and learn from and support each other.

andreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017 at 05:17 PM »
Welcome Angelaunglued! I wish none of needed this support and we all had normal pregnancies, but alas, that is not the case. Good for you for sticking to the restrictions, I keep finding it hard and I'm going slightly stir crazy.

I'm on bedrest since 7 weeks when a SCH was discovered and given my history they didn't want to take any chances. Now that contractions have started in the last few days, I have been trying to take it as easy as possible. Definitely a little nervous but trying to stay positive!

Angela_Unglued

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017 at 08:21 PM »
Thank you Andrea. It is a struggle definitely. Especially with young children that don't understand and still need us to do not mommy things for them. My toddler is also exhausting usually. Today he was calm, thanks to TV but it is only my first day of adjustment and I know he won't always want to sit around doing nothing with me. My husband helps but he works and when he comes home I know he is stressing.
I hope things go well for you and your contractions stop. Although this isnt my first time pregnant, I am having a hard time differentiating between contractions or just back pain due to laying on uncomfortable furniture. Intuition tells me it's the latter but I'm so paranoid right now lol.
Thinking positive thoughts for you and everyone here.
Can I ask, what is SCH?