Author Topic: Where to begin?  (Read 71 times)

andreak

• View Profile
Where to begin?
« on: September 25, 2017 at 07:46 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Andrea and this isn't my first rodeo. I'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow with baby number 5. The longest I've kept a baby in is 36 weeks and the shortest is 32 weeks. I'm basically on bedrest from start to finish, although around 32 weeks I stop caring as much and start doing stuff again. My story is a little unique in as much as my cervix never dilates. I was born with Cerebral Palsy and have had 2 strokes while pregnant, making my high risk drs shake their heads when I come back again a few years later. Anyway, I'm initially put on bedrest for SCH and just the fact that my muscles start to act strangely. Then around 18-20 weeks I start contracting. Strong, timeable contractions. My cervix spasms shut, so no worries there, but after months of such constant and painful contractions, either I end up with a placenta abruption or baby goes into distress because they just can't handle the contractions any longer.  So that's pretty much it. We are just waiting for the craziness to start and hoping and praying we can keep the contractions at bay for as long as possible. Oh, and as a side note, the latest I can go is 37 weeks (although I've never made it that far) because I develop cholestasis where my liver shuts down and poisons me and baby. So, fun times all around. Very glad to be here and to have found a support for the many more weeks I'm going to be stuck on this couch!

Biscuitsmom2b

• View Profile
Re: Where to begin?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017 at 08:56 PM »
Wow! All the best on the journey to a new little one!!!