Author Topic: HBR due to dilation; talk of sending me home at 32w??  (Read 122 times)

mkille

• View Profile
HBR due to dilation; talk of sending me home at 32w??
« on: September 24, 2017 at 03:00 PM »
At 20 weeks I had an urgent cerclage put in due to a dynamic cervix between 1.8 and 2cm. Several weeks of showing stable at 2.5 cm until 26 weeks when cervix showed 2cm dilated and bag hourglassing into the internal OS (but not into the vaginal canal). Doctors believe the cerclage failed. Baby was also breech so they sent me to the hospital.

They put me on strict HBR and have been here 11 days now. I'm 27w 3d today. Terrified is an understatement for a how scary the first few days were. Doctor this morning said they'd send me home at 32 weeks if I haven't ruptured and baby is head down.

Because my cervix is dynamic, I'm feeling really uncomfortable with going home that early. I think if I fight it I can stay until 34 at the most. I'm just really scared about cord prolapse or going into labor quickly. I live pretty close to the hospital (10-15 minutes) but I'm still pretty paranoid since they are monitoring baby here 2x/day and I'm close to the NICU.

Anyone else been in a similar situation? When did you end up going home?

This of course is all contingent on me making it that far, but just trying to plan ahead and figure out what the best course of action is.

aciric

• View Profile
Re: HBR due to dilation; talk of sending me home at 32w??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017 at 08:38 AM »
Hi there,
At my 20 weeks US cervix was 2.4. My doctors didn’t recommend a cerclage at that time but I was put on progesterone suppositories and strict bedrest at home. At my 22 week cervix was 2.2 and at my 24 ultrasound I was diagnosed with dynamic cervix varying from 1.7-2.2. They checked me one more time at 26 weeks and my cervix was 0.7-1.7. I have been on strict bedrest at home since 20 weeks when we caught the cervix shortening. I was hospitalized a few times with premature contractions and thankfully, they never caused any cervical changes or dilation.  Also, magnesium worked every time and they slowed down. I was also put on procardia because I have an irritable uterus too so that has been helping my contractions as well. I am currently 34+2 and doing good at home on bedrest. My doctor is going to take me off all medications around 36 weeks and we will see how much longer after that I will go into labor. Throughout this whole experience, I have always been told that it is better to have a dynamic than an incompetent cervix because the incompetent constantly shortens and the dynamic one goes back and forth like a sponge. Hang in there, and keep cooking baby :) I took my home bed rest very serious, because I was also scared of not being monitored at the hospital and it totally worked for me to get me as far as I am now. Hope this helps to give you some positive reassurance!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017 at 08:41 AM by aciric »

Biscuitsmom2b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017 at 09:08 PM »
Hi. I to have a dynamic cervix. Failed cerclage at 29 weeks. Home bedrest since 18 weeks but then my cervix shortened and now ive been on hospital bed rest for 7.5 weeks. I am 33+3 weeks and counting. I was due to go home at 32 weeks but the team here changed their minds. Im currently 4 cm dilated 50% effaced but ive been that way for 4 weeks. I do get random contractions and baby is sideways so i think i will be here till the end.  I know how scary going home feels so for ur peace of mind i hope they keep u until 34 weeks. All the best.

mkille

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017 at 08:46 PM »
Hi, thanks all for the comments. I PPROMed last week so now I'm here until he comes or 34 weeks they'll induce so going home is now totally off the table!!