Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: SUCCESS ...Back again...3rd pregnancy, 15 weeks, slight funnelling with cerclage  (Read 848 times)

Natlg

• View Profile
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I have posted anything, I’m glad the site is still going strong. It was the only thing that let me going with my second pregnancy.

Bit about my history, I lost my son Dec 2014 at 22 weeks, after various tests they diagnosed me with a short incompetent cervix. My second pregnancy I had a pre pregnancy cerclage, was on pregesterone, and completed 22weeks of bedrest, from week 14 to week 36. I delivered a baby girl March 2016 and she is now 19 months.

I’m back again with my third pregnancy, I’m 15+4 and currently my cervix is ranging between 33-35mm, the issue is I already have some slight funnelling at the top. Not on bedrest at the moment but trying to rest and lie down as much as I can. I have another’s appointment in 2 weeks.

Hopefully we will all be able to encourage each other through this difficult time. X

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018 at 03:17 AM by Natlg »

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Back again...3rd pregnancy, 15 weeks, slight funnelling with cerclage
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017 at 01:19 PM »
You're back! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm guessing your excited but probably a bit nervous, too. One of the best indicators of how your pregnancy will go will be your cervix length at around 18 to 20 weeks. Do you have an ultrasound scheduled for that already --  it's usually called the "growth scan." You're a pro, so you probably remember that.  ;)

With all of your experience, you will be empowered! You are going to do great. I hope you'll check in for this week's Monday Roll Call, and you could send people to this post so they can get to know you.

Talk soon!

--Angela

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017 at 07:00 PM »
Thanks Angela, next scan is on Tuesday so will be interested to se my length and also whether I have funnelled more. Excited but nervous yes, glad I am not on full bedrest at the moment though but still very early days.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017 at 03:28 PM »
Let me know how the scan goes! Positive thoughts coming your way...

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018 at 04:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

Update - pregnancy is going well, I’m 31+2 now and still not on bedrest. I finish work at 34wks and my section is booked for 38wks. The weekend I’m just resting and putting my feet up as much as I can.

Hope everyone is resting? X

Freshview

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018 at 11:22 AM »
Hi Natlg,

You wrote in an earlier post here that you had a pre-pregnancy cerclage.  I’ve never heard of that. How did you get pregnant if your cervix was stitched closed? I’m trying to make plans for a next pregnancy (PTL at 24 weeks in October) and want to know about all my options. Thanks very much.

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018 at 12:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss, it’s such a horrible and painful thing to go through.

After my PTL at 22 weeks, my consultant diagonised me with a weak and short cervix so he advised that I needed a stitch/cerclage. He reccomended to insert the cerclage pre pregnancy because a) the cerclage can be placed higher up the cervix not pregnant and b) there’s less risk of infection.

The stitch I had is called a shirodkar cerclage, the cervix is not stitched fully closed, there is still a small hole to get pregnant. I was worried that it would take me ages to get pregnant because the hole is a lot smaller, but with my daughter and with this pregnancy I caught within the first month.

I would definitely recommend it, what country do you live in?

Freshview

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018 at 07:25 PM »
I’m in Canada. The MFM I spoke to never mentioned that. Her plan would be a cerclage at around 14-16 weeks. I don’t think I can do the pre pregnancy one because we are doing an embryo transfer. I guess it depends how big the hole is.
Thanks for the info.

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018 at 08:04 PM »
I live in the UK, I would ask the question on whether it is possible in your situation. Good luck with everything, keep us updated x

Natlg

• View Profile
Hi everyone, pleased to tell you that I delivered a healthy little boy via an emergency section on 20th March. I was 36+5.

This pregnancy was completely different to my previous (full bedrest for 22weeks), I was able to continue work until 34 weeks and complete my pregnancy on very limited bedrest. Remeber no two pregnancies are the same.

Ladies stay strong, keep positive, it is a rollercoaster journey with many ups and downs, but if you take every day as  it comes, celebrate you go to sleep and wake up with your babies still cooking, try not to look to far ahead you will be able to do this. Good luck to everyone, I will be checking in to see how you are all doing x