Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Short Cervix at 26 weeks  (Read 902 times)

TaylorH

• View Profile
Short Cervix at 26 weeks
« on: November 06, 2017 at 06:07 PM »
At my 20 week ultrasound my cervix measured 2.9cm. I was referred to the high risk doctor and have been monitored there since. I'm currently measuring 2.3cm at 25.3 weeks and have an appointment tomorrow for another measurement. I'm extremely worried about preterm labor. I have no cerclage and am on modified bed rest and 200mg progesterone suppositories nightly. Any success stories out there? I need some encouragement, and nothing's better than a story of a successful pregnancy.

Thanks, Taylor
Taylor 27
Expecting 1st child, baby boy Feb 11, 2018

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Short Cervix at 26 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017 at 02:43 PM »
Hi, Taylor! I'm sorry I missed your post until now. You will see on here that we have had many women with a short cervix like yours make it to term when they're getting good care. It sounds like you and your OB are on top of it with progesterone suppositories and modified bedrest.

In my case, my cervix was 1.5 at 24 weeks. I had preterm labor with my first pregnancy, so I was getting the progesterone shots as a preventative measure starting at 16 weeks. Still, my cervix was shortening. So at 24 weeks I went on modified bedrest. I had several rounds of preterm labor, and I always went to the hospital to get checked out. I guess my biggest piece of advice is to listen to what your body is telling you, and never hesitate to call your OB with any questions or concerns.

Is this your first pregnancy?

Try to stay positive. You could still have many weeks of pregnancy ahead of you!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017 at 07:07 PM »
Hi, Taylor!

I have lots of positive responses from our moms on Facebook! Here you go:

Naomi: Mine was shorter than that at this point, and baby stayed in full-term!! X3 pregnancies now! I blogged about the pregnancies, as well as their birth stories on our family blog. Hope it’s encouraging! http://www.naomisahlstrom.com/pregnancy-update-22-weeks/

Claire Booth
: Yes! This was me. Bed rest & medical advice re progesterone and hopefully you will get to 33 weeks like us ???? good luck!

Lidice: Mine was 2.1cm and funnelling but we managed to get full term! Bed rest and progesterone!

Ashley: I was at .5 cm at 25 weeks and held on until 39 weeks with full bed rest and progesterone. <3 Good luck mama

Vanessa: I fluctuated between low to mid 2’s my whole pregnancy. Made it to 38weeks, even being 4cm dilated and 80% effaced at 35 weeks!

Megan: I was under 1cm at 24 weeks with twins. Made it to 35 weeks w bed rest and progesterone. My success story babies turn 4 at the end of the month.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017 at 07:10 PM by Angela »

TaylorH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017 at 09:39 PM »
Thanks for the response! This is my first pregnancy. I was stable last week at 26 weeks 2 days at 2.3cm. I'm still taking the progesterone nightly and am in bed for most of the day. Its so encouraging to hear moms who made it full term. I have another appointment this Wednesday when I'll be 27 weeks 3 days so please say a prayer! I also get the FFN test done each week before my ultrasound but they don't send it in unless Ive shortened. Id love that 2 week reassurance though! I've heard that many women have had their cervix lengthen around 28 weeks due to their pelvic bones bearing most of the pressure. Anyone know anything about this?
Taylor 27
Expecting 1st child, baby boy Feb 11, 2018