Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Cerclage placed  (Read 995 times)

SamRose

• View Profile
Cerclage placed
« on: November 09, 2017 at 07:13 AM »
My cerclage was put in yesterday at 22 weeks 2 days. I was down to 9mm with funneling. After my recheck this morning my functioning cervix is at 1.4cm and the funneling completely closed giving me some cushion and bringing the total cervical length to 3.1cm yay! My doctor said we could loose the bonus length but not to worry as long as we don’t go below 1.4cm

I was discharged this afternoon and am home on modified bed rest. I can take periodic 10 minute breaks throughout the day to stretch my legs and keep the blood circulating. Otherwise I need to be in bed, laying on the couch, or resting in a recliner for the remainder of the pregnancy (which hopefully will be a good while longer) Fingers crosses we make it into the 30s.

I’m a little concerned about my vaginal progesterone and how far to insert it?

kelsknob

• View Profile
Re: Cerclage placed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017 at 04:54 AM »
Hi Samrose! I had my cerclage placed at 18 1/2 weeks due to 9mm cervix and funneling too. Unfortunately, my funneling didn’t go away. That’s great news that you are no longer funneling! I have been on modified bed rest since 21 weeks. I will be 27 weeks on Tuesday. If no one has told you yet, make milestones to reach that has helped me. Right now our next milestone is 28 weeks, however we are hoping to get into the 30s too! I’m sending positive vibes and thinking about you. Let’s keep these little ones cooking!!

Oh also, I’m on vaginal progesterone too and my doctor said just put it in like a tampon, if you’re using your finger, I just use the length of my finger and no more than that.

Kelsey
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017 at 04:57 AM by kelsknob »

Arr0602

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017 at 07:29 PM »
Had my cerclage put in at 21 weeks with no cervix, 3cm dilated and my water bag showing. Went to the doctor yesterday and it’s holding tight at 2.8cm, though I’m leaking memebranes still.. how are you doing?

SamRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017 at 06:50 AM »
I’m holding steady. I had my first post cerclage follow up appt. on Monday. I was at 1.7cm my cerclage was placed at 1.4 so anything above that is good. I’m still closed, but the funneling came back which we were told was very likely. All in all it was one of the best appointments we’ve had during this whole pregnancy.

I even got cleared for up to two outings per week as long as I stayed in my wheelchair and didn’t walk or stand and only stayed out for about an hour and a half to two hours. My over protective husband is skeptical of this and most likely won’t be taking me out all that often. I did get to go to a rotary club meeting today where he was a speaker for my club, that was fun! Although it made me miss weekly chat here.

I’m sorry to hear about your membranes, but there are quite a few stories on here of ladies going the distance in your same shoes. So chin up and just take it day by day.