Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Wheelchair with cerclage  (Read 764 times)

SamRose

• View Profile
Wheelchair with cerclage
« on: November 10, 2017 at 07:59 AM »
My husband brought home a wheelchair for me to use going to my checkups. Anyone else doing this?

Smittymelly

• View Profile
Re: Wheelchair with cerclage
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017 at 02:02 AM »
When I was on bed rest I would use a wheel chair for my weekly hospital appointments... other than that I was lying doe on the couch for 4 months.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017 at 02:15 PM »
Hi, SamRose.

We have a few more responses for you, from some of our Twitter bedrest moms:

@Kaymo_Ma says:
I used it each time I went for appointments. Was on complete bed rest. Carried baby to nearly 38 weeks.

@lostgirl0983 says:
I haven’t needed it yet for appts, but I have used one so I could get out briefly with my husband and start a layaway for Christmas. I do have my hubs drop me off at the door now. No parking lots for me anymore.

SamRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017 at 09:03 PM »
Thank you for the replies! My husband has been super over protective during all of our various complications. So when he came home one day and was like I have a surprise for you and it was a wheelchair.... I rolled my eyes and gave him a bemused smile.

It’s only been 5 days since the cerclage has been placed so I’ve been chillin in bed or on the couch only getting up to shower or pee and taking a short walk around the house to stretch my legs and keep the blood moving. I’m not quite ready to brave the outside world. One more week to 24, our first goal!