Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Update - hospitalised now  (Read 198 times)

Lilie

• View Profile
Update - hospitalised now
« on: November 20, 2017 at 03:22 PM »
Well, this morning was all kinds of scary. I woke up with cramps and went to pee and felt a big gush of blood. So tried not to panic (I was told to expect some bleeding because of the subchorion hematoma) and lay down to see if it would calm down.

After about half an hour there was still heavy bleeding so I woke my man up and asked him if he would pack a small bag for me and take me to hospital. I was trying to stay as calm as possible, but was shaking like a leaf.
At the hospital the midwives were lovely. They checked the contractions and manually examined the cervix. There was so much bleeding. But all the while the baby was kicking up a storm so I knew she was still OK.
They said the cervix was low and effaced, but that they needed to do an echo to check the length.
I was so scared. By then my partner had had to leave for a business trip but luckily my mum came to support me.
Results of the echo are much better than expected. Cervix is slightly open, but still had 4.4cm length.
They are keeping me in hospital for the week to keep an eye on the contractions and because they are worried about infections, but I am already feeling a bit better.
The hematome is still there and still quite big, but is reduced since the last check.

I'm at 24 weeks now, and going to take each extra day as a good day.

Oh and I saw my baby yawn on the echo! It was the sweetest thing ever.

Lots of love to you ladies, and courage. Xx
Lilie

SamRose

• View Profile
Re: Update - hospitalised now
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017 at 03:19 AM »
Hang in there!

I’ll be in the chat for a little bit tomorrow if you need a break from the tediousness of being in the hospital.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM »
Oh my, Lilie. That about as terrifying as it can be. I am soooo relieved to hear that your baby is still doing great! And that is a wonderful cervix length! Do you have some comfort knowing that you'll be at the hospital for the next week?

I'm sure you must still feel so wound up. This relaxation music recording helps me; maybe it will help you, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg

Keep us posted! Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way!

--Angela

P.S.: Here is a link to the Chat Room so you can stop by. We'll be talking at 2 pm Eastern U.S. time: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Lilie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017 at 05:34 PM »
Oh i misses the chat again! For someone who is in bed all day I can't seem to even make it to an online meeting!

I do feel better about being in hospital, at least I'm in the right place if things get scary again.

I'm trying to keep calm and do breathing exercises to help. The calming music definitely helps.

Thank you for this forum, and for the support and inspiration on here.

Lots of good thoughts to you all

Lilie

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017 at 06:49 PM »
If you want, you can still see what we talked about today during the Live Chat if you go to the link here: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

While you're in the hospital, I thought you might like a mantra that helped me. "In this moment, I am exactly where I need to be."

I hope you can have some visitors soon to help take your mind off of things, even if just for a little bit. Big hugs!