Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: 2.8 cm @ 18+5 - Scared FTM  (Read 260 times)

Als1017

• View Profile
2.8 cm @ 18+5 - Scared FTM
« on: November 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM »
Greetings!

I’m new to the forum. Found y’all from a Google search after my anatomy scan measurements. Tech measured my cervix transabdominally at 2.8 cm, but didn’t immediately alert my doctor, as it wasn’t low enough. I just happened to look at the screen when she was typing it in.

I panicked all evening and finally called my doctor the next day. I told her all about the measurement and my cervical twinges and cramps. She reassured me that it wasn’t an incredibly low measurement, but she wanted to do a transvaginal ultrasound as the transabdominal wasn’t as accurate.

Today was that appointment, and after a brief look at my cervix and a swab for infection/amniotic fluid, she informed me that I needed to see a high risk doctor in order to do the full transvaginal scan. She thinks it’s probably overkill, but she’d rather be safe than sorry. She said they’d call me in a couple of days.

I’m a teacher on Thanksgiving break, so I’m taking this opportunity to lay down as much as possible. I really wanted to ask for progesterone, but I felt pretty rushed out as they were busy. I’m really grateful that they wanted to be extra cautious and ease my fears. I’m just hoping for a call tomorrow and an appointment on Wednesday, but I’m sure that’s wishful thinking.

I’m 19+2 today. 24 weeks feels so far, 28 weeks seems years away, and 37 weeks seems impossible. Especially with every twinge and cramp right now. Any and all positive thoughts, prayers, vibes, and advice would be greatly appreciated! :-)

SamRose

• View Profile
Re: 2.8 cm @ 18+5 - Scared FTM
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017 at 03:15 AM »
Well try not to worry too much. You have time. It took me about 6-7 weeks to go from 3.1 down to .9 it’s not something that generally will happen overnight.

You weren’t dilated or funneling, so that’s great news!

Don’t stress out over twinges and minor cramps/aches those tend to be normal round ligament pains. If the cramping feels more like menstraul cramps then call your doctor.

Most of the time they aren’t going to be high alert or take preventative measures unless you have a previous history of 2nd trimester miscarriage/pre term labor; or you drop below 1.5

2.8 is still really good just something to keep an eye on but not to worry all that much about. You could also just have a shorter cervix to begin with or caught it at a lower measurement, they fluctuate.

Als1017

• View Profile
Re: 2.8 cm @ 18+5 - Scared FTM
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017 at 12:26 PM »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your positivity. If I can make it 6-7 weeks, I’ll at least be in viability range. That gives me some hope!

And the baby has had his head smashed in my cervix almost constantly, so that could explain some pain. I also have a history of stomach cramps and gas pains, so that could be contributing with the added stress too.

I’m just a total over-researcher and I like to be as informed as possible. Makes my husband crazy, and I’m sure my doctors aren’t super keen on that. Haha. But seeing him at the anatomy scan gave me a sense of protection and “do whatever it takes” attitude that I’ve never had before now.