Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 21 weeks & emergency cerclage  (Read 394 times)

Arr0602

• View Profile
21 weeks & emergency cerclage
« on: November 21, 2017 at 03:06 PM »
So I’m new to all this and just looking for hope and success stories. Last week i went for my 20 week ultrasound and found out i nearly had no cervix left, was 3 cm dilated, and my water bag was showing. I had no idea, no signs or symptoms.

I was rushed to the hospital had an amino to look for infection, which was ruled out and then had a cerclage done.

Went as good as could be expected, discharged the following day and sent home. Followed up with doctor yesterday and while the cerclage is holding up great, cervix at 2.8, and baby moved up.. i am now leaking membranes.

The doctors say they can’t offer me statistics or reassurance because every case is so different..

I don’t go back until next week, doctor started me on progesterone suppositories and I’m on bedrest..

Hoping for the best.I just don’t want to lose my baby girl.

Als1017

• View Profile
Re: 21 weeks & emergency cerclage
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017 at 03:30 PM »
You are doing absolutely everything you possibly can to help your baby. It sounds like your doctors are on top of it, and that’s always a good thing.

I’m so sorry you’re going through something so scary right now. I’ve read a bunch of stories on here that describe your situation, and there have been some positive outcomes. You’re in the right place for support! Many virtual hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!

lau143ben

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017 at 05:29 PM »
I am in a similar boat as you. Hang in there. 💙

sacmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017 at 11:22 PM »
Keep taking it easy, really easy. I lived through 2 cerclages, the first one similar to yours. Thinking of you...

Twins2018

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017 at 01:06 AM »
Hi, I am 22 weeks post cerclage with twins with cervix at 2 and also funneling. I think the fact that yours went from nothing to over 2 is great. Also ask your doctor for progesterone. I am taking this daily. I am also on strict bed rest only up to go to bathroom and shower every 3 days.