Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Bulging water bag at 22+3  (Read 399 times)

Arr0602

• View Profile
Bulging water bag at 22+3
« on: November 27, 2017 at 10:46 PM »
At 21 weeks i had an emergency cerclage. Now two weeks later my water bag in bulging into my cervix. Has anyone ever bulged pass the stitch??

kelsknob

• View Profile
Re: Bulging water bag at 22+3
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017 at 03:39 AM »
Yes I had an emergency cerclage at about 18 weeks and was starting to bulge past my stitch at 23 weeks, I was admitted to hospital until I was 28 weeks. I am currently 29 weeks and hoping to make it to 36 weeks when they plan to remove cerclage. Do you know how much cervix length you have left? When they discovered I was bulging past stitch I only had 8mm of cervix left.

Twins2018

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017 at 07:28 AM »
Hi, I'm in a similar situation with short funneling cervix with twins. Currently 23 weeks but no bulging membranes yet. Can I ask were you in bed rest from 18-23 weeks? I am also on progesterone as doctor thinks it helps.

Have you had the steroid shots for your baby yet? I think that's the next step for me and I want to hear people's thoughts on the safety for the baby.

Hope you're doing well so far!

kelsknob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017 at 03:32 AM »
I was not on bed rest until about 21 weeks. I am on progesterone as well and I think it has helped keep my cervix so stable. I had the steroid shots at 23 weeks and my doctors do not recommend doing another dose unless I actually start having symptoms of preterm labor. My doctors have discussed with us that 2 doses is safe for baby, anymore than that could be harmful.

Are you on bed rest at home? Do you have a cerclage? I’ll be thinking of you and your little ones! Take care!