Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?  (Read 3921 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?
« on: June 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM »
So who is still cookin' and who has delivered? I know we have at least one delivery of a 9.5-ponder, and there are a few of you who haven't posted in the last week or two. Once you settle in a little bit, let us know how you are!

And, for everyone, tell us what you are looking forward to this week!

Keep 'Em Cookin' mamas!
--Angela

sanseref

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010 at 09:34 AM »
I'm at 32 weeks and have been on bed rest since 29 weeks. I moved to a new state and two weeks later went to see my new OB, only to find out that I had a short cervix and was having contractions and didn't even know it! After being in the hospital for 4 days, I went home on bed rest. The house is still mostly in boxes, so it makes it a bit difficult to find books or DVDs that I may want, but it's still much better to be home.

hoping4fullterm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010 at 03:42 PM »
I'm 22 weeks today.  Been on bedrest for about 2 weeks now due to placenta issues (also have history PTL). 
I'm anxious for my Wednesday appointment to check my cervical length & meet with my OB - lots of questions!!!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010 at 05:23 PM »
I am also 28 weeks and 3 days as of today.  A few days ago I had about 6 hours of painless contractions but I just laid on my side and drank a lot of water and they went away.  I am getting excited the closer I get to 30 weeks.  Although my goal is 36 weeks, turning 30 weeks seems like rounding 3rd on our way to home base to me for some reason.  Now that school is out we sent my 14 yr old off to California to spend a few weeks with family and actually have some fun this summer before having to take care of mom again.  Our 3yr old has been an awesome bed buddy and I while I miss my oldest, it's nice not to hear the fighting! 
I also created a profile on a site for independant contractors and I am currently writing week by week pregnancy articles for a web site!  How perfect is that right now!  Feels good to have deadlines and work again!

Keeping all my other bed rest mommies in prayer!  Healthy babies here we come!

Margaret

Jenna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010 at 08:29 PM »
We hit 32 weeks come tomorrow! From what I understand, they won't drug me up to stop PTL once the boys and I hit 34 weeks. That feels like a real good goal to shoot for! :) We are all amazed that I've been able to carry twins past 28 weeks or so. Awesomeness.  ;D

This week, I've got NSTs tomorrow and again on Friday. I'm really starting to dislike these tests. It never fails that one of the boys won't want to meet their criteria that day, so the nurses end up shaking my tummy and gettin' us with that darned buzzer. It seems as though this is just an exercise in stress and worry. Blah.

On Wednesday, I will be much happier. We are having an ultrasound, which is a bunch of fun. They are going to estimate the boys' weights and make sure that they are still growing real good. Hopefully, my cervix has held up. I was at 9 mm the last time that I was checked.

brb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010 at 03:41 AM »
I didn't make it, my trio were born on friday night and 28 weeks 2 days, all three are doing really well. I started having contractions 10 min apart and by the time I called the doc, and got to the hospital, the contractions were 2 min apart. They tried to stop them with magnesium to no avail. My daughter Elle, decided she needed out and dragged her brothers with her!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010 at 05:41 AM »
Thank you for checking in, ladies! This is so wonderful to see. Reading your updates as you get through each week, I visualize you each karate-chopping through a wooden board. Hee-yah!  ;D

And to brb, every day you kept those babies cookin' was an accomplishment! Congratulations! A big welcome to Elle and her brothers, and I'll certainly be praying for you all each day. I'm relieved to hear they are doing well. I know you'll be busy with the NICU part of this journey, but send us some updates when you can. Much love to you and your three little miracles!  :D

Angela

miaEG2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010 at 08:54 PM »
hello fellow moms/moms-to-be!

i am 38w1d, and just 36 hours away from my scheduled c-section! bedrest restrictions were lifted two weeks ago, my last 17p shot was three weeks ago, and in the interim period, i've had dozens of contractions, often the kind that made me think, "This is it!"

alas, it was false labor all along. am relieved that my body held out, grateful to the doctors for guiding the way to a better outcome than my last pregnancy, when i lost twins at 28 weeks. now looking forward to meeting my little one at last.

good luck to all!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010 at 09:39 PM »
miaEG2,
Congratulations on making it to term! I'm thrilled! I'm wishing you a safe and speedy delivery.  :D