Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 21 W 5Days Rescue Cerclage placed UPDATED  (Read 1152 times)

Nibletta

• View Profile
21 W 5Days Rescue Cerclage placed UPDATED
« on: December 16, 2017 at 08:49 PM »
So last Sunday, December 10 I ended up in L&D with cramping and some mucousy discharge. I was 3cm dilated with my membranes visualized through my cervix. I was rushed in for a rescue cerclage and the next morning I was measuring 2.9 cm.

It's been almost a week now, I'm sitting at 22w4d and holding strong. I'm on bedrest with progesterone suppositories at bed. I have so much hope reading the success stories here and I know there are others going through the same kind of stuff as I am. I would love to hear your stories and suggestions for getting through bed rest!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017 at 08:41 AM by Nibletta »

Nibletta

• View Profile
Re: 21 W 5Days Rescue Cerclage placed
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017 at 08:43 PM »
And just had my first check up, post surgery. My doctor thinks I will be able to make it to 28 weeks and beyond!  My cervix is holding strong! One week of bedrest down, at least 5 more to go

kelsknob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017 at 03:46 AM »
Hi! That’s great your cervix is holding strong. I really do believe that bed rest and progesterone helps. I had an emergency cerclage at 18 1/2 weeks, I wasn’t dilated but my cervix was only .9 cm and I was funneling. Post surgery I went up to 1.8 cm but then declined gradually and have been stable at about 8-10 mm for about 11 weeks now. I have had a lot of funneling before and after the cerclage and even at 23 weeks they discovered my water bag was starting to seep past the stitch so they thought my water was going to break then. I was admitted to the hospital then but my water never broke and my cervix stayed stable at around 1cm. I came home at 28 weeks and am now 32 weeks. I am still on modified bed rest and have been for 11 weeks now. They encourage me to get up and walk around throughout the day but have to stay in bed or recliner the majority of the time. Do you have more limits than that, I know all doctors are different?

My suggestions for you that have helped get me through so much down time are to make a routine for the day and here is a list of things I’ve been doing...
Binge watch Netflix
Read
Journal daily about how you’re feeling in a “diary” I know cheesy but it really has helped me
Cards games on iPad/phone
Puzzles
Cross Stitch (there are some easy kits you can order on Amazon)
Crafts for decor around house - I pick out something from Pinterest and then send someone out to get materials from Hobby Lobby or Michaels
Take naps
Figure out your favorite daily shows, I have a couple. Watch them every day, I look forward to that time and it kills an hour here and there throughout the day and evening

Hope this helps and I wish you the best!

Kelsey

Nibletta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017 at 04:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply Kelsey!
So far, my OB wants me to keep doing what I've been doing.. which is basically laying 90% of the time. I get up to pee and get water, shower maybe once every 3 days.  My adventures outside of the house are for appointments.

I have been journaling, got some books I have to dig into and I ordered a cross stitch yesterday!

11 weeks, my gosh girl. I hope I can make it that long as well.  I'm sorry you're here, but I'm also grateful for your words here

Nibletta

• View Profile
Re: 21 W 5Days Rescue Cerclage placed UPDATED
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017 at 08:43 AM »
Unfortunately, my cerclage and bedrest failed.

Declan William was born on December 22 at 23W4D. He is in the NICU and we have along road ahead, but i have faith. I will keep updating here ?

Nibletta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017 at 05:20 PM »
Sadly, less than 6 hours after my last post we lost Declan.

My heart is shattered

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM »
This is devastating. I am so sorry. You did all you could for Declan.

There is a group called Compassionate Friends, which is a support network for infant loss. It is going to be so important to connect with people who have been there and who can guide you and support you. https://www.compassionatefriends.org/find-support/to-the-newly-bereaved/

Prayers of healing to you and your family. (((hugs)))

I am so very very sorry,
Angela

SamRose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017 at 12:03 AM »
I’m so terribly sorry.

kelsknob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017 at 08:16 AM »
I am so sorry, thinking of you and sending comfort your way!

Alolita

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018 at 02:59 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for peace, comfort and healing. Been there and its tough. Please do seek support. Hugs and so much love.

reasontohope

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018 at 06:15 PM »
I am terribly sorry for your loss.