Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Back for round 3  (Read 1539 times)

mekvien

• View Profile
Re: Back for round 3
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2018 at 07:51 PM »
I just read through this whole thread, curious how all of you are doing now??

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018 at 09:05 PM »
Hi Mekvien,

Welcome to the group, I'm still hanging in there at 25+2. Less contractions this week so things might be settling down for me. Shows how much pregnancy drama you can have and still keep cooking!

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018 at 12:35 AM »
Thats wonderful!! I totally agree....on days I am less stressed out/my kids dont cause me to be crazy mama, I have less contractions.  I am 26 and 3 today.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018 at 11:00 PM »
UPDATE at 27 weeks:

Had a checkup and scan today with mixed news...good news is baby girl is growing well, and even better my placenta is no longer covering my septum which means better bloodflow for her.

Bad news is my cervix is shorter (although they only looked on the abdominal scan and she said it wasn't a very accurate measurement since my bladder was empty) down to just over 2cm. I mentioned to my dr that I'd had a little bloody mucous on Friday so they did an internal exam and said the outer part is open but inside is still closed, some funneling on the scan too so I guess that means the cervix left is in the middle??

More bad news I failed my 3 hr glucose, so officially diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which is just an unnecessary extra insult from my body. Glucose monitoring this week and probably starting insulin next week. My diet is already really good and obviously exercise out of the question so not a lot I can do for it  >:(

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018 at 01:47 PM »
These pregnancies are so hard. Sorry to hear about the mixed results on your ultrasound and the positive GD test. As if any of us need more anxiety added onto this experience.

Luckily, your cervix sounds like it still has some decent length and your in the hands of experienced, caring, and competent medical professionals.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018 at 11:25 PM »
That's great news that your little girl is growing  and you have better blood flow to the placenta! 27 weeks is awesome too! Past the micro Premmie stage!

That sucks about the GD and the cervix length being shorter. Hopefully you don't have any more contractions and you can cook bub for much longer :)