Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Back for round 3  (Read 110 times)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Back for round 3
« on: December 26, 2017 at 11:46 PM »
Here I am again!

This is pregnancy #5 for me.

#1 early miscarriage
#2 Heavy first trimester bleeding, PPROM at 21 weeks 6 days, vaginal birth at 24 weeks 1 day. Daughter Sophie lived almost 24 hours.
#3 early miscarriage
#4 First trimester bleeding, placenta previa from 12 weeks, cervical length scans (normal) and progesterone shots from 16 weeks, first round of preterm labor at 18 weeks 3 days, multiple rounds of heavy bleeding and preterm labor to follow, steroids at 24 weeks when they thought I'd deliver, ended up making it to 28 weeks 6 days and had an emergency c-section due to a placental abruption. Son Vincent initially spent 11 weeks in the NICU, he's had many trips back to the hospital since, but overall he is a happy thriving 3.5yr old.

#5 Crazily enough this is a planned pregnancy, I'm 6 weeks along now but it's not been going smoothly. Bad cramping from before I even had my first pregnancy test, gets much worse with even light activity. Sunday night I had my first bleed and it was a massive one, I was up all night changing pads and passing golf ball sized clots of blood in the toilet. It stopped as suddenly as it started, had an ultrasound today to confirm the miscarriage and baby was still in there, healthy and normal with a heartbeat. It was right at the 6 week mark I bled heavily with my other children, so apparently this is something I do. So now I'm on bedrest for the week, I'm sure there will be more to follow. I've lost track of how many weeks of bedrest and hospital bedrest I clocked up between Vincent and Sophie but it was A LOT. I have a uterine septum that I've had surgery to remove but some still remains, I'm being considered "high-risk" again and being seen by MFM once I've made it past my first trimester.

It's going to be a bumpy ride! I'm already finding bedrest so much harder than I did before, I stay home to care for my son so it's not something I can take a break from really. He's trying his best to help mom out so far though <3

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Back for round 3
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017 at 08:30 PM »
English Rose! I can't believe you're back! How exciting! I'm sorry though that you're certainly off to a rough start. Must have been a happy surprise to know your little one is safe. I will certainly be thinking of you and praying for an easier road ahead for you. Keep me posted, okay?  :-*

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017 at 09:27 PM »
Thanks Angela :)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018 at 01:49 PM »
so some good news and some bad news:

Good news: Baby was doing well on my 7 weeks scan, good heartbeat and growth, and no new bleeds so I'm back to light activity, just need to rest when the cramping gets really bad, next scan at 9 weeks.

Bad news: There will be blood. Dr said the lining on the uterus right of my septum is already building up again for another "cycle" and isn't onboard with the pregnancy yet (baby is on the left). So there will definitely be more bleeding before the end of my first trimester, just have to hope it doesn't harm the pregnancy when the contractions to get rid of that blood start up again. I'm also super worried that I'm pregnant on my left, since I carried both my children on my right side before which means I've just lost any hope from my uterus having been stretched out all the way to 28 weeks that it can get that far again (my non-pregnant half of the uterus doesn't really expand with pregnancy, just gets pushed off to one side). Who knows though, maybe left is my good side!!

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018 at 10:28 PM »
How are you going? Hope things are going ok :)