Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Back for round 3  (Read 2036 times)

mekvien

• View Profile
Re: Back for round 3
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2018 at 07:51 PM »
I just read through this whole thread, curious how all of you are doing now??

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018 at 09:05 PM »
Hi Mekvien,

Welcome to the group, I'm still hanging in there at 25+2. Less contractions this week so things might be settling down for me. Shows how much pregnancy drama you can have and still keep cooking!

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018 at 12:35 AM »
Thats wonderful!! I totally agree....on days I am less stressed out/my kids dont cause me to be crazy mama, I have less contractions.  I am 26 and 3 today.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018 at 11:00 PM »
UPDATE at 27 weeks:

Had a checkup and scan today with mixed news...good news is baby girl is growing well, and even better my placenta is no longer covering my septum which means better bloodflow for her.

Bad news is my cervix is shorter (although they only looked on the abdominal scan and she said it wasn't a very accurate measurement since my bladder was empty) down to just over 2cm. I mentioned to my dr that I'd had a little bloody mucous on Friday so they did an internal exam and said the outer part is open but inside is still closed, some funneling on the scan too so I guess that means the cervix left is in the middle??

More bad news I failed my 3 hr glucose, so officially diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which is just an unnecessary extra insult from my body. Glucose monitoring this week and probably starting insulin next week. My diet is already really good and obviously exercise out of the question so not a lot I can do for it  >:(

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018 at 01:47 PM »
These pregnancies are so hard. Sorry to hear about the mixed results on your ultrasound and the positive GD test. As if any of us need more anxiety added onto this experience.

Luckily, your cervix sounds like it still has some decent length and your in the hands of experienced, caring, and competent medical professionals.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018 at 11:25 PM »
That's great news that your little girl is growing  and you have better blood flow to the placenta! 27 weeks is awesome too! Past the micro Premmie stage!

That sucks about the GD and the cervix length being shorter. Hopefully you don't have any more contractions and you can cook bub for much longer :)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018 at 01:44 PM »
Quick update on the gestational diabetes, met with the nutritionist who basically told me my diet was perfect don't change anything! Had a trip to the OB after a week of monitoring my blood sugars and they weren't happy with the numbers so starting on insulin, the long acting kind, levemir, every night to see if that helps bring down my fasting numbers, on day 3 now and it hasn't made a dent so my dose goes up tonight.

Interesting my worst fasting number was after I'd done my Makena shot the night before, I went back and looked at the patient insert for it and it does warn that it can decrease glucose tolerance and put you at an increased risk of GD (I had other risk factors too like PCOS and being overweight, so I can't exactly put all the blame on the shots)

Now I'm on insulin I have to go in every week. Still getting growth scans every 4 weeks, and then if I reach 32 weeks they will make me come in twice a week for NSTs. She even mentioned that they won't let me go past 39 weeks with GD, which made me laugh.

I'd had it in the back of my mind that if by some miracle I made it to term, that I would switch providers and go with midwife care either at home or in a birthing center to give me more control over the birthing process being the way I want it to be, but that is out the window now, stuck with high-risk and a hospital birth the whole way grrr.

Baby girl is so active in there, after spending a whole month stuck traverse early in the pregnancy she now seems determined to change position multiple time a day which feels really weird. My other two were big kickers but didn't spend all day doing somersaults the way she is!!

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2018 at 02:25 PM »
Hey EnglishRose!
Too bad about the GD and the transition to insulin shots. I can imagine that it’s frustrating to deal with that on top of everything else.
So cute about your little girl doing somersaults. I think mine changes position frequently, too. This morning, baby is in just the right position to feel ALL the hiccups. So cute.
Wishing you all the best with the 39 week goal! It seems impossible some days, but I keep repeating my mantra, “this baby will be happy, healthy, thriving, and full term!”

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2018 at 01:39 AM »
Oh that sucks about having to have insulin shots! I do hope it helps control the GD tho :) How cute your little girl is so active too! She must be doing well in there :)

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2018 at 03:59 AM »
Well here we go again,  after a calm week I started up with contractions every 2 minutes.  No further dilated when I got to the hospital but started a heavy bleed a few hours after being admitted. Me and baby still hanging in there despite the abruption. Steriods and magnesium but no signs of contractions letting up. She's breech so will be a c section if they have to deliver. Haven't broke my waters yet at least.  30 + 3 now and grateful to have made it this far.

Lauren

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018 at 02:23 PM »
Congratulations on making it to 30+3!! Your baby has an excellent chance of surviving and thriving!

Crossing my fingers for you that the bleed and contractions slow down so you can keep on cooking for a while longer, but wishing you the best either way!

Sending lots of love ??

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2018 at 03:55 PM »
Thank you :)

Positive update for today,  after a long rough night of heavy contractions every 2 mins and blood everywhere, things have somehow settled down today.  The contractions are much further apart and I've  been only  spotting for the past few hours.

Persuaded drs to finally let me eat but they still won't be sending me home anytime soon since my scan showed a significant pocket of blood behind my placenta. Baby has looked great on the monitor and my blood work has been good so far too. So lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018 at 11:22 AM »
I'm so glad things have settled down for you and bub is ok in there :) Hopefully you can keep her in a little longer. You have done so well to get her this far too!

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018 at 05:03 PM »
Thanks.  Official decision from drs today is hospital the rest of the way :-( but every day I'm in hospital might be one less NICU day for baby so staying positive.

Jadeandrainbowbub

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018 at 10:02 PM »
Oh that sucks you will be in hospital from now on. It is the best thing for bub tho. And yep, every day in will make a huge difference for her! :) I hope you can get a little further to make her journey easier.