Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: 32.4 weeks today, preventive cerclage, hospitalized for contractions  (Read 158 times)

Pg

• View Profile
Hi Ladies

Need some words of encouragement. I am 32.4 weeks, 4th pregnancy, 2nd baby. Had my first preventive cerclage at 13 weeks. Had been on modified bed rest since 4 weeks (self, doctor did not advise), based on the stories in this forum.

I came in for my NST yesterday and they found out I had 5 contractions in half hour. But I haven't been really feeling them. They have admitted me to hospital and noticed that after 3 hours I have dilated by 1cm, 50% effaced. So they started me on medication for contractions (but I still had contractions every 6min without feeling any) and steroid shot for babies lung development. I really hope to have a full term baby. And this hospital is so busy, I have been given shared small dark room which makes it more gloomy. I am just hoping for a better outcome with preventive cerclage :-(

-pg

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
Re: 32.4 weeks today, preventive cerclage, hospitalized for contractions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017 at 09:25 PM »
Just wanted to wish you luck and let you know that even if you were to deliver tonight your baby is going to be OK. By 32 weeks they call them "feeders and growers" in the NICU since all they really need to do to go home is get a little bigger and stronger. Hoping you still make it to term, I've no personal experience with cerclages but have seen a lot of success stories with them in this group.

Mylilbabies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018 at 12:51 AM »
How r u doing now? hope everything is holding and u r still cooking:)

Pg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018 at 06:49 PM »
Thank you Mylilbabies and Englishrose23 for your posts. Yes I am still holding and cooking 😀 My cervix changed overnight to 1cm dilation and 50% effaced overnight on the day I was admitted. So they gave me steroid shots and Nifedipine. Though I have been contracting a lot (8 per hour on some days), my cervix seems to be holding up fine and hasn't changed since. So they have come to the conclusion that it's my baseline (high contractions) and might discharge me today to local housing with prescription for Nifedipine (as I live 2 hours away). So there is still hope of delivering a full term baby 😀