Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Restricted activities while homeschooling  (Read 20 times)

Lacyelfmom

• View Profile
Restricted activities while homeschooling
« on: January 10, 2018 at 02:42 PM »
This pregnancy has been completely normal. (I think) But I am a bit frustrated because I am on restricted activities. This is my 7th pregnancy and I have delivered early with 3 of the other 6, so I understand the importance of caution. Still, I can't help but feel a bit frustrated, since I mostly feel okay. I am 28 weeks and have had some contractions but they ease and go away if I drink water and lay down. To be perfectly honest, I think part of it is my oldest son. He's 14 and since I homeschool he and my 13 year old daughter have had to do a lot more around the house and with the 4 and 5 year olds. And of course I expect them to complete the school work for each day. Much of the time I will ask one of them to do something (switch out laundry, make sandwiches for lunch etc.) while I lay down to stop contractions. The other night at dinner my husband commented that he thought I might be doing too much. I replied that I had been really good about following my doctor's instructions and laying down when I need to, which I have had some difficulty doing in previous pregnancies. My son then said that was only because the instructions had me being lazy. Since then I have been feeling kind of guilty every time I ask one of the kids to do something or even just lay down for a bit.