Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Can I ignore Braxton Hicks?  (Read 698 times)

Lacyelfmom

• View Profile
Can I ignore Braxton Hicks?
« on: January 19, 2018 at 07:58 PM »
I am 28 weeks pregnant with my seventh child. Of my other 6 children 3 have been preterm (35 weeks, 37 weeks and 36 weeks). I have been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions whenever I am active at all or even remain sitting upright for more than about an hour and a half. I know that they are just Braxton Hicks because they stop if I lay down for a while. So, my question is, since I know that they are just Braxton Hicks, can I ignore them and just continue to do other things rather than laying down when I get them, or could ignoring them cause them to change into actual contractions/preterm labor?

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Can I ignore Braxton Hicks?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018 at 04:09 PM »
Hi! I'm glad you found our group. I can't provide medical advice, but because of your history of preterm birth, I'd say give your OB a call. This early on, it's unusual to have Braxton Hicks. Take a look at this list of symptoms and see if you have any other symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/symptoms-of-preterm-labor/

Better safe than sorry. Let me know when you call. It'll make me feel better.  ;)

--Angela

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018 at 05:32 PM »
I'm checking in. How are things going?

Lacyelfmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018 at 12:43 AM »
32 w3d and still pregnant.  ;D I've only had to go in to the hospital to get checked twice. Once for contractions and once for leaking fluid (turned out to NOT be amniotic fluid, yay!). At my last exam my cervix was still closed. So things seem to be going really well. My doctor says only modified bed rest is necessary, but my husband is being more careful and cautious, so pretty much has me on full bed rest for the next 4 weeks and 4 days. Thanks so much for your support.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018 at 02:17 PM »
That is GREAT news you are still cookin', even with all the ups and downs! There will be days when 4 weeks seems like a reeeeeeally long time, but in the big picture of your life and your baby's life, these are just moments. Positive thoughts coming your way...