Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Re: Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?  (Read 2409 times)

runner123

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?
« on: June 21, 2010 at 03:01 PM »
I made it past the 28w mark!  I'm currently 28w3d.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning.  It's a big one: cervix length, placenta check (has been low lying), growth, biophysical profile.  I see my OB right after that, so I am looking forward to finding out what my body has been up to for the past couple of weeks and whether the pain that I've been having has caused any cervix changes.  I'll keep you posted. 

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
runner123: How'd your appointment go?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010 at 09:45 PM »
runner123,
How did your ultrasound and OB appointment go today? As we like to say here at KeepEmCookin.com, how's your cervix?

runner123

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call! Who's still cookin'?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010 at 07:53 AM »
Angela, it's so sweet of you to check on me!  Everything went well.  Babe is still doing really well and is estimated to be 80th percentile (about 2.9 lbs).  I know ultrasounds can be way off for growth, but it's still reassuring to know that they think he's on the big side, in case he comes early. (My first son was 7lb 9oz at 36 weeks!)

My cervix is holding up. It's measuring about 3cm and goes down to 2.1cm with fundal pressure.  No funneling.  That's about what it's been for the past few weeks, so I'm glad there is no real change.

My OB wants me to stick with the bed rest, because it seems to be helping keep things stable.  He did say that I can "test the water" a bit and see whether a slight increase in activity causes things to start up or not.  I'll have another ultrasound and appointment in 2 weeks.  I'm feeling encouraged and am ready to face another 2 weeks of bed rest.  I likely have more like 7-8 weeks of bed rest left, but I like to just think from one appointment to the next.

Jen