Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Hi, Im new here and would really appreciate your input. Im scared Im wrong  (Read 75 times)

nycmomma

• View Profile
Ladies I really admire you and admire all the things you do for your babies. I have been reading some of your stories and am amazed of how brave and strong you are. wow the best to all of you.
'About me this is my fifth pregnancy as I had a miscarriage at 22 weeks 3 days with our beautiful baby boy and a first trimester loss at 8 weeks. I have two daughters 8 and 10 and after all the above heart ache we tried again.

This time I am 25 weeks and I have taken all the precautions I could. Cerlage at 14 weeks, progesterone suppositories since 16 weeks and strict bedrest as my cervix went down to a 2.3
At 20 weeks my cervix measured even  lower I dont know how much and a pessary was placed. It has been working as my cervix has stayed at 2.5 cm and I have been on bedrest.
I am now 25 weeks and 1 day( baby is measuring 26 weeks) and since my last measurement went up to 2.7 I decided to go back to work. I have 8 more work days and then a week and a half off. I decided to go back since everyone started to email me when do I plan to come back. ( I have been out for 6 weeks which is my total allowance for pregnancy and now I would have been placed on disability I guess)
Today was my first day. I took it easy sitting most of the day but it has been hard because my muscles are weak and sore. Do you guys think I did the right thing? Or am I totally in the wrong. Let me know what you truly think, brutal honesty is what I would be looking for.
Blessings and may all your babies be healthy.

EnglishRose23

• View Profile
First of all so sorry to hear about your losses.

To give you the brutal honesty you requested I would say absolutely don't work another day until you are ready for baby to come out, because all medical concerns aside if you go into labor while at work and your baby is born extremely prematurely you will spend the rest of your life blaming yourself and questioning your decision, even if in reality the work had nothing to do with your outcome. I would say it is not worth putting that emotional burden on yourself. Not sure what your plans would be for returning to work after your baby was born, but the most premature infants are not healthy enough for daycare so it is better for the future of your career too to invest this time in your pregnancy and nothing else.

Wishing you a healthy full-term baby <3

nycmomma

• View Profile
Honestly, EnglishRose23 you are 100% right. I really wanted to go back to normal self after 6 weeks in bedrest but I dont really think Im up to it. Your words make perfect sense. I feel I should have never even tried to go to work and risk so much. Not everyone can understand that and a lot of people from work were texting me to see me back but I guess only women in this forum understand and offer wise advice.
Thank you for your good wishes. My prayers for you and all your loved ones.

OBmom

• View Profile
I agree 100% with English Rose on this one.
At the end of the day, there are no rewards for "fastest-coming-back-to-work-again" pregnant moms.
Just take your time and take care of yourself and your baby, that's the best investment possible.
Best wishes!